Game 16- BGSU

Kobe Mitchell more aggressive on offense. Would have been nice on Friday but we’ll take it. Zips allowing BG room on jumpers and they’re not missing. Wow, I’m stunned by how poorly this team is currently playing. Very stunned. If you had told me back in October, even with the loss of Dawson, that we would be 9-6, 1-1 in the league and down 9 to BG in the first half, I would have laughed you out of the room. 

Hunter leading all scorers with 11 at the half. Nice to see Kobe hit a 3 and he played some good D on a few positions. Lyles hasn't played yet.

Another random observation as I was sitting through another ugly start to a game - we only have 3 players from last year's team that contributed.

1 minute ago, LZIp said:

Another random observation as I was sitting through another ugly start to a game - we only have 3 players from last year's team that contributed.

Bingo. A couple redshirt Fr., a guy who spent his entire career at NIU, a P5 transfer down, and a kid that was going to the prom just a few months ago. I miss Clarke, no matter how upsetting he can be at times, he’s been in this program for a lot of winning and a lot of success. 

Metheny could win it single handedly. I believe he did that when they won at the JAR in ‘21. So quick and has a beautiful shot. Can’t fault the way the Zips have defended him too much, though it could be better. 

Hank is trying his all to be “they guy” but is starting to press. Zips need to get the pace under control here.