2023 Season

Podcast with Coach Embick

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-soccer-dad-pod/id1650809235?i=1000594513929

Some 2023 Out of Conference opponents mentioned…

Notre Dame

FIU

Vermont

Michigan

Jared ...'all my starters are back.' in reference to the upcoming 2023 season.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 9:23 AM, LoyalZIP said:

2023 Zips Day of Giving--Men's Soccer

https://fundraise.givesmart.com/vf/ZipsAthDOG23/team/MSoccer

Tremendous support for our student athletes, more than doubling the original goal. Way to go Zips Nation! 💙 💛

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Love it! This is the conference we have always wanted. Just think if our other programs could be in position to compete at this level. We can only dream, but what a dream!

• Like 1

@TennZip you are correct. However, the Maryland Soccer Plex is in Boyds, MD which is a significantly different location than Glen Arm which UA Communications listed on the schedule (and identified as "Big Arm" in the accompanying article). Does no one in UA Comm fact check / proof read before posting?

Xavier   First Energy Stadium, Cincinnati, OH   Lol

UGH!

@Zip_ME87 thank you for the clarification.  Boyds, Maryland makes much more sense.   It is outside Washington DC (where Georgetown in located),  Glen Arm, Maryland is 1 hour and 28 minutes away from Boyds, MD.  Glen Arm is located outside Baltimore (which is not a Big East location).     The Semis and finals will be at the Maryland Soccer Plex in Boyds, Maryland.     There is a Maryland SportsPlex in Glen Arm, MD.....but it is not a soccer facility.

Hopefully, they will soon correct the schedule for the Xavier mistake and correct the city for the Big East Tourney.

59 minutes ago, TennZip said:

@Zip_ME87 thank you for the clarification.  Boyds, Maryland makes much more sense.   It is outside Washington DC (where Georgetown in located),  Glen Arm, Maryland is 1 hour and 28 minutes away from Boyds, MD.  Glen Arm is located outside Baltimore (which is not a Big East location).     The Semis and finals will be at the Maryland Soccer Plex in Boyds, Maryland.     There is a Maryland SportsPlex in Glen Arm, MD.....but it is not a soccer facility.

Hopefully, they will soon correct the schedule for the Xavier mistake and correct the city for the Big East Tourney.

It may have been fixed by now but the schedule page also listed the CSU game as a home game but as the release states, it is a road game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TennZip said:

comment deleted...I think I misunderstood where you're saying GT is located.

as you and others have stated, hopefully the website is corrected. I did not pick up on Cleveland State being an away game. Thanks to @indians4841ks for catching that and keeping me straight. I’m already distraught that I will miss the Notre Dame game due to work travel. I’d hate to miss CSU because I showed up at the wrong place. Lol. 

Edited by Zip_ME87

12 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Was mildly disappointed we picked up neither Georgetown nor Villanova on the road this year since both are reasonable commutes - until I saw the Big East tournament will be 40 minutes from me. 😊I'll be there. 

Is the Big East going with an East/West conference alignment this season? The three teams I don't see on our schedule are geographically eastern: Georgetown, Villanova, and UConn.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Is the Big East going with an East/West conference alignment this season? The three teams I don't see on our schedule are geographically eastern: Georgetown, Villanova, and UConn.

That is my understanding. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:43 PM, TennZip said:

The GoZips.com schedule page has been updated to Boyds, MD. And also "First Energy Stadium" has been removed from the Xavier game in CIncy. But the CSU game is still listed as Akron when it should be Cleveland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2023 at 4:52 PM, MDZip said:

Was mildly disappointed we picked up neither Georgetown nor Villanova on the road this year since both are reasonable commutes - until I saw the Big East tournament will be 40 minutes from me. 😊I'll be there. 

They're playing in Antarctica? 🙃

On 6/19/2023 at 9:38 PM, Hilltopper said:

They're playing in Antarctica? 🙃

You're thinking of 2024. Marquette is coming to Akron in 2023. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...