Game 23- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

The 18-4 PCCC Golden Flushes make their annual trip from Brimfield to the JAR Friday night to renew the rivalry and determine first place in the MAC.

Insincere Carry leads Mr. Pinky’s squad at 17.3 ppg per game.  Malique Jacobs averages 12.3 ppg while kicking in 4.9 rpg.

The game is at 9:00 p.m.  Bring your long johns as the temperature could be in single digits by game time.

I will not be able to attend as I will be out of town.  If anyone can use my GA ticket, shoot me a PM.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

Certain Maui resorts may have that brand.  But I'm leaning toward teri spareribs and a mango 🥭 margarita🍹... Cheers!

Oh you're on Maui? Good news for you - Teddy's Bigger Burgers is getting opening a food truck soon on Maui. Up there with Whataburger and Swenson's for me as far as fast food burgers go. 

As usual, Friday is "no big deal" to Coach Pinky:

Kent State will play for sole possession of first place in the MAC on Friday when the team goes to Akron. Tipoff is at 9 p.m.  

“They are all big games,” Senderoff said. “We’re 8-1 now in the league, so whether we win on Friday or lose on Friday, there is a lot of basketball ahead of us. We have nine more regular-season games and we just have to worry about the basketball game and play as well as we can.” 

It's going to be an attempted "White-Out" at the JAR. I suppose the days of free promotional t-shirts are done, as UA is offering white shirts with the new logo on them through CLE Custom Shirts for $10 a pop, can only be picked up from there over the next couple of days. Maybe they'll sell some at the arena as well. While I do think it's silly and they won't sell many, I ordered a few for my crew

link: https://stores.inksoft.com/u_of_a_white_out/shop/home

Just now, LoyalZIP said:

It's going to be an attempted "White-Out" at the JAR. I suppose the days of free promotional t-shirts are done, as UA is offering white shirts with the new logo on them through CLE Custom Shirts for $10 a pop, can only be picked up from there over the next couple of days. Maybe they'll sell some at the arena as well. While I do think it's silly and they won't sell many, I ordered a few for my crew

link: https://stores.inksoft.com/u_of_a_white_out/shop/home

Indeed, a white out for a university that doesn't sell/give away much white apparel (I don't think I have a white zips shirt out of the 5 or so I have) and no free giveaway just sounds like a disappointment waiting to happen. Also, if we are no longer partnering with GVArtwork, which is top notch by the way, isn't there an Akron company we could partner with?

27 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Indeed, a white out for a university that doesn't sell/give away much white apparel (I don't think I have a white zips shirt out of the 5 or so I have) and no free giveaway just sounds like a disappointment waiting to happen. Also, if we are no longer partnering with GVArtwork, which is top notch by the way, isn't there an Akron company we could partner with?

💯💯

Edited by Blue & Gold

29 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Yeah this company is very confusing. I’ve seen their signage at UA but know nothing about it. They apparently have a building across from the stadium on exchange, but their website only has the white shirts on it so I guess they only do custom orders? I don’t know, real strange and not gonna go well. 

52 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Also, if we are no longer partnering with GVArtwork, which is top notch by the way,

Totally Agree!  We've got several GREAT shirts, sweatshirts and hats, from them, even a couple Christmas Ornaments!  Great company with innovative ways to get around traditional branding.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Yeah this company is very confusing. I’ve seen their signage at UA but know nothing about it. They apparently have a building across from the stadium on exchange, but their website only has the white shirts on it so I guess they only do custom orders? I don’t know, real strange and not gonna go well. 

I'm not a fan of the white outs and theme games.  I remember most of them being a bust in the KD era when the Zips usually lost those games.  Keep it real.  It's going to be a big game anyway.  no need for gimmicks.

Edited by NWAkron

Just now, NWAkron said:

I'm not a fan of the white outs and theme games.  I remember most of them being a bust in the KD era when the Zips usually lost those games.  Keep it real.  It's going to be a big game anyway.  no need for gimmicks.

I remember one white out game -v- KSUcks at the JAR where we must've lost by 20 points. I still have the shirt 😭😭

1 minute ago, NWAkron said:

I have nightmares about “Zips Fight in White 3-5-2010”

Also known as the Anthony Simpson game. 

30 minutes ago, GoZips4824 said:

Hard to think of the last time I was this excited for a regular season matchup between these two, has all the prerequisites for an amazing game, cant wait to be inside the JAR for this one 

wake me up when it's over!!

ugh, i will be there with my head in my hands for 2 hours.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok from "their" message board. I'm sure this post was written from his mom's basement in Rootstown:

anti-zip Wrote:  I'll be interested to see how we handle the pressure of the moment knowing that our guys have had this one circled since that MAC championship game. Hopefully we stay poised.

I'll also be interested to see if the Akron fans have suddenly realized the game is not about them and they don't have a right to try to insert themselves into the things that occur between the lines. Since of course I have zero expectations here, I'll be curious to see if/when something happens how it is handled. I'd like to think after our last two games in front of Akron home crowds the MAC has made sure they have a plan to handle it, but I'm not going to hold my breath. Last time was objects (ice cubes?) thrown at Carry during a fast break. The time before that was a whistle from the crowd causing Whittington to stop mid layup resulting in a turnover. Both were met with a stern PA announcement to please not do that any more. After the way the game ended the last time we were in the JAR I sure hope the MAC understands that this s#it needs to stop yesterday.

Here's hoping Payton gets his arms pits on the rim every time that collection of mouth breathers start to get "rowdy".

At the last game when Akron’s crowd got out of hand (profane group cheers directed at Carry), I thought Akron’s President or AD should have grabbed the PA announcers microphone and talked to his students. Pull a “Sam Whyche” if you will. May have not helped but at least their leadership would have done something to try to stop it.

I personally would have gone nuts if our students behaved like that!

Whenever we play at Akron, our team should know what to expect by now and I certainly expect every one on our bench to be on their best behavior.