Game 23- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

Well, fortunately for Kent, they never have to worry about anything like that because their students don't care anymore. You think Akron's crowds are bad? Take a look at that much larger school who has had a better year. I think Kent Roosevelt may draw more people than Kent State games.

Legit LOL'd at "Akron fans inserting themselves into the game." What does that even mean? I understand that this person isn't used to being at games with loud crowds of people who care, but the glory days of Kent basketball weren't THAT long ago.

I wonder what dance Carry has rehearsed for the cameras tomorrow. Hopefully the judges give him a good score!

Let's sing it! 🎵 F Akron! F Akron! F Akron! F Ali Ali! F Number 2! F Number 4! 🎵

Hopefully our students aren't mean! 🤣

• Haha 1

Chris Singletary suspended for punching Nate Linhart 1 minute into the game.

I can't find the video, but it's amazing how this current bunch of KSUcks degenerates makes the Singletary/Ham n Cheese bunch look like Nobel Peace Prize winning scholars. 

I'm assuming anti-zip got his degree from that adult pre-school to our east, hence his incomprehensible recollection of past events. Anybody recall ice cubes being thrown at inSincere Carry-me-like-I'm-royalty? I don't doubt our student section used profanity, and maybe even some below-the-belt shots. Any complaints regarding that were null and void by the entire KSUcks band of miscreants almost starting a fight after that game, then releasing the diss track video prior to the Championship game. It's a classless program over there. Always has been. Most likely always will be. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

Another gem from "their board". 

Username: Bopol (I'm assuming they were trying to spell Blippi)

It's up to the referees, the MAC and the University of Akron to create a safe and positive environment. If they can't, there should be technical fouls until everyone gets the point. The whole rivalry needs to cool off a little because it is getting ridiculous.

Typical KSUcks... Looking for a safe space... I'm assuming Bopol also believes there should be a duplicate Wagon Wheel for each team, so both teams can feel good about themselves and create a "positive" environment.

Lose Fran Healy GIF by Travis

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Zips are going to need Sammy to show up and play well in this one.  Enrique will be dedicated to Payton, so the Zips will need someone with length to guard 6'8' Ball State transfer Myrine Thomas who can take the ball out on the floor and shoot threes.

Thanks for the reality check.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Zips are going to need Sammy to show up and play well in this one.  Enrique will be dedicated to Payton, so the Zips will need someone with length to guard 6'8' Ball State transfer Myrine Thomas who can take the ball out on the floor and shoot threes.

You mean there is a basketball game happening? Haha

43 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I've watched parts of their games and this Payton is a threat.  He is a blocking machine, and I haven't seen anyone else like him in the games the Zips played.  Will he or Freeman get in foul trouble early?  Clark is right, though, Zips can win if Hunter and/or Hankerson can make some 3s.  My guess is that Kent will feel that out in the first few minutes.  One of them needs to strike fast.  

This is definitely a tough matchup, I would not expect the Zips to come out and shoot their way to an easy win. Every shot will be contested. Every passing lane challenged. They will need to match the intensity that Kent brings. Now that the incompetent Pinky has a babysitter in Christian to help him wipe his own a** when things get tough, it will be that much more challenging for Akron to come out on top. The biggest concern here is the emergence of Payton. He's a high-flyer and is the extra burst of energy that team needed as they began to play some of their worst basketball of the season. Freeman will have his hands full with him. If he can't stay in front to keep him from exploding to the basket, he will be in foul trouble quickly and the Zips will be screwed. At the other end of the floor, Freeman could get him into foul trouble if he's patient and smart. He leaves his feet like it's his day job, and he racks up blocked shots on guys who aren't playing smart. 

The Zips must also avoid Thomas and Santiago getting hot. At the JAR last year, Santiago's shooting kept Kent ahead the entire way whenever Akron got the game close. He's a stud. Thomas has a bit of that Whitford attitude in him, so if you keep him from getting going early, he will fold like a Card. And as for the star of Dancing with the MAC Stars--Sincere Carry. He was having a dreadful shooting year before Akron played them over at the tool shed center in Brimfield last year. The Zips sagged off on the perimeter, and he got hot...all the way up to March 12, 2022. Anybody know what happened that day? Anyway, his shooting numbers are down, but he's become one of the best ball distributors in the game. As dangerous as ever.

Shot-making, as in the name of the game, will also be critical. Last year at the JAR, we relied on Trimble to try to shoot us back into the game way too much. This team has done a stellar job of taking what the defense gives them. What happens when you go up against a defense that doesn't give much? Great question. If Sammy bricks his first two, I may not be able to take the pain and agony of what we have to watch from there. Let's hope I'm wrong. Also, if history serves correctly, the moment will be awfully big for Tavari. He really struggles with great on-ball perimeter defense. It must be a point of emphasis to not turn the damn ball over.

The biggest key is what @NWAkron  has been saying for weeks. Focus. We saw how excellent the Zips were shooting the ball on Tuesday, but as soon as they strung together a few small mistakes on each end, a 12-point lead quickly felt like a 6-point lead. This isn't Buffalo coming into the JAR. These guys are going to do all they can to pop the Zips in the mouth. The room for error is nearly nonexistent. I've grown to trust the Zips more over the last 3 weeks or so. I'm not sure if I trust them enough to think they will win this game. Should be a fun one, remember to enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

This is definitely a tough matchup, I would not expect the Zips to come out and shoot their way to an easy win. Every shot will be contested. Every passing lane challenged. They will need to match the intensity that Kent brings. Now that the incompetent Pinky has a babysitter in Christian to help him wipe his own a** when things get tough, it will be that much more challenging for Akron to come out on top. The biggest concern here is the emergence of Payton. He's a high-flyer and is the extra burst of energy that team needed as they began to play some of their worst basketball of the season. Freeman will have his hands full with him. If he can't stay in front to keep him from exploding to the basket, he will be in foul trouble quickly and the Zips will be screwed. At the other end of the floor, Freeman could get him into foul trouble if he's patient and smart. He leaves his feet like it's his day job, and he racks up blocked shots on guys who aren't playing smart. 

The Zips must also avoid Thomas and Santiago getting hot. At the JAR last year, Santiago's shooting kept Kent ahead the entire way whenever Akron got the game close. He's a stud. Thomas has a bit of that Whitford attitude in him, so if you keep him from getting going early, he will fold like a Card. And as for the star of Dancing with the MAC Stars--Sincere Carry. He was having a dreadful shooting year before Akron played them over at the tool shed center in Brimfield last year. The Zips sagged off on the perimeter, and he got hot...all the way up to March 12, 2022. Anybody know what happened that day? Anyway, his shooting numbers are down, but he's become one of the best ball distributors in the game. As dangerous as ever.

Shot-making, as in the name of the game, will also be critical. Last year at the JAR, we relied on Trimble to try to shoot us back into the game way too much. This team has done a stellar job of taking what the defense gives them. What happens when you go up against a defense that doesn't give much? Great question. If Sammy bricks his first two, I may not be able to take the pain and agony of what we have to watch from there. Let's hope I'm wrong. Also, if history serves correctly, the moment will be awfully big for Tavari. He really struggles with great on-ball perimeter defense. It must be a point of emphasis to not turn the damn ball over.

The biggest key is what @NWAkron  has been saying for weeks. Focus. We saw how excellent the Zips were shooting the ball on Tuesday, but as soon as they strung together a few small mistakes on each end, a 12-point lead quickly felt like a 6-point lead. This isn't Buffalo coming into the JAR. These guys are going to do all they can to pop the Zips in the mouth. The room for error is nearly nonexistent. I've grown to trust the Zips more over the last 3 weeks or so. I'm not sure if I trust them enough to think they will win this game. Should be a fun one, remember to enjoy!

really good analysis.  I'm skeptical that the Zips will win.  Flashes have a few more avenues to score and Carry can throw some miracle passes and make some crazy shots.  This seems like the MAC Championship game.  I trust Groce will keep things level for the guys.  A loss here isn't huge in big scheme.  Frankly, I think the Toledo game is more important in the bigger picture for tournament seeding.

This is so absolutely laughable!!!  How embarrassing that this poor soul believes this crap.  No mention of the innocent little incident by the Kent TEAM rushing our student section after the JAR gam last year, knocking over "seasoned" citizens sitting in the expensive seats?  Yeah, I can see Dr. Miller or AD Guthrie grabbing the mic and talking to the fans....really!!??  What a complete absolute loser Mr. anti-zip is.  And did anti-zip sit in the stands at last night's women's game and here the ugliness coming from their fans, almost all of which were adults, not students, by the way?  Maybe Mr. anti-zip was one of them?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

KSUcks has 8 games that were near losses or closer than they should've been (~12 pts or closer against perceived much lesser competition for how much this program is heralded). They have 4 losses on the season. The consistent scoring theme is either Carry, Sullinger, or Thomas as the leading scorers, with Jacobs sprinkled in here and there. 

Our formula for success is their Kryptonite - tight defense, slower pace. I'm not saying we'll win, but this should be an extremely close game, which is generally typical of this rivalry anyways. 

1 hour ago, LoyalZIP said:

I remember when we played them in Kent at their gym and Trimble was defending against Carry and it was a complete mismatch.  I cannot

remember if he was switching or he was assigned to Curry but that was a factor.  Much different defense when he was we played in Clev.

Edited by 1981 grad

6 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Chris Singletary suspended for punching Nate Linhart 1 minute into the game.

I can't find the video, but it's amazing how this current bunch of KSUcks degenerates makes the Singletary/Ham n Cheese bunch look like Nobel Peace Prize winning scholars. 

I'm assuming anti-zip got his degree from that adult pre-school to our east, hence his incomprehensible recollection of past events. Anybody recall ice cubes being thrown at inSincere Carry-me-like-I'm-royalty? I don't doubt our student section used profanity, and maybe even some below-the-belt shots. Any complaints regarding that were null and void by the entire KSUcks band of miscreants almost starting a fight after that game, then releasing the diss track video prior to the Championship game. It's a classless program over there. Always has been. Most likely always will be. 

I'll never delete this URL....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bMGXC1AcWA#t=15

I must watch for Akron fans that are to young to remember Nate Linhart.  Note  who is the assistant coach on the bench.  Also note who is the KSU head coach.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NWAkron said:

At the last game when Akron’s crowd got out of hand (profane group cheers directed at Carry), I thought Akron’s President or AD should have grabbed the PA announcers microphone and talked to his students. Pull a “Sam Whyche” if you will. May have not helped but at least their leadership would have done something to try to stop it.

My one question - Whyche mispelling Sam Wyche's name? Oh yeah...can't write...forget I asked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure I've ever hated a college basketball player more than Carry. He's such a cocky low life POS, I hope the Rowdies tear him apart all game. 

Wish I could find the video of him skipping his way down the court after he made his only bucket of the MAC championship game...while Kent was still losing. 

• Haha 1