Game 23- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

13 minutes ago, akzipper said:

Not sure I've ever hated a college basketball player more than Carry. He's such a cocky low life POS, I hope the Rowdies tear him apart all game. 

Wish I could find the video of him skipping his way down the court after he made his only bucket of the MAC championship game...while Kent was still losing. 

At 10:05, he's skipping away.  Then Garvin and X drain 3s.

Edited by NWAkron

I recorded a clip on my phone of the Carry Skip so whenever I need a laugh I have something quick I can go to. Man, it feels good to go into this game tonight with house money. A 20-point beat down in the MAC title game after a long, cocky win streak will be on the mountain top of this rivalry for a very long time. Kent State Sucks!!!!

Interesting stat from Terry Pluto's (ugh) column in Plain Dealer today:

"Akron coach John Groce mentioned how both teams are on a hot streak dating back to last season in the MAC. “We’ve won 16 of our last 17 MAC games,” he said. “Kent is on a streak like that, too. These are two very good teams.” As for Kent, it’s 16 of their last 18 MAC games dating back to last season."

Just re-watched the 2022 title game video again. It will never get old. One day I will designate a TV in my home to play it on loop for 24 hours a day. An underrated moment from that night was X cramping up after the final buzzer. One, he played his tail off for 40 minutes. Two, you can see the "teamism" this group has as they all gathered around him to help him stretch and get him back on his feet. No dances for the cameras, no "me me me!" just US. Let's Go Zips!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Hits a 3 in the 2nd half...announcers "Carry doubles his point total". 😁

Don't believe he scored another FG after that. 

I'm so pumped about this game tonight. Last year, I didn't have many expectations for the Akron/KSUcks matchups. The Chickens with Teeth undoubtedly had more talent, and they always get up for this game. We had not seen much from our squad to give us hope going into those matchups, and our performance in the Title game was incredibly unexpected (and welcomed). 

I still think the Chickens with Teeth are more talented, but going into tonight, I'm more confident in our system, our composure, and our Teamism. Carry is a mental midget, Pinky is the head clown, and the rest of the circus fit right into that clown car perfectly. We have shown the ability to compete even on an off night from X or Freeman, especially against teams that lack true discipline and Teamism. 

Most importantly, at the end of the night, we can read, write, and don't have to explain what the hell a flash is and why our chicken mascot has teeth. Thank God I was born & raised an Akron fan. 

IT'S 1:23 (ironically the full spectrum of KSUcks' counting abilities) AND...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Don't believe he scored another FG after that. 

I'm so pumped about this game tonight. Last year, I didn't have many expectations for the Akron/KSUcks matchups. The Chickens with Teeth undoubtedly had more talent, and they always get up for this game. We had not seen much from our squad to give us hope going into those matchups, and our performance in the Title game was incredibly unexpected (and welcomed). 

I still think 

IT'S 1:23 (ironically the full spectrum of KSUcks' counting abilities) AND...

KENT STATE STILL SUCKS!!!

If you’re able, stop into the CLE Clothing store (name still aggravates me) on Exchange across from the Info. They have a very nice selection of Zips gear and, for today at least, ALL THEIR T-SHIRTS ARE ONLY $10, not just the “White-Out” t-shirts. I went in to pick up a White Out t-shirt and ended up getting that plus two others.

Edited by Blue & Gold

35 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

KENT STATE STILL SUCKS!!!

If you can stop into the CLE Clothing store (name still aggravates me) on Exchange across from the Info. They have a very nice selection of Zips gear and, for today at least, ALL THEIR T-SHIRTS ARE ONLY $10, not just the “White-Out” t-shirts. I went in to pick up a White Out t-shirt and ended up getting that plus two others.

I went to pick up my shirt the other day and had no idea they sold shirts direct to consumer. I used to love Campus Book and Supply before they closed. I just assumed this place was only custom shirts

Just now, NWAkron said:

how is that a best moment?  classless, mouth-breathers.

Easy there. That's not very nice. We need to create a positive environment. Also, anti-zip used this word the other day when referring to Akron/its fans. Therefore, I think we should take note that "mouth breathers" is a kindergarten-level term and we should try to be more advanced in our vocabulary by using other terminology. 

I find it hilarious that the Sesame Street Lightning Chicken fans throw out baseless claims that accuse Akron of being classless, fail to produce any proof, and then have countless videos and articles thrown back at them of the Sesame Street Lightning Chickens being the classless bunch. 

Give em hell tonight, ZipsNation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Easy there. That's not very nice. We need to create a positive environment. Also, anti-zip used this word the other day when referring to Akron/its fans. Therefore, I think we should take note that "mouth breathers" is a kindergarten-level term and we should try to be more advanced in our vocabulary by using other terminology. 

I find it hilarious that the Sesame Street Lightning Chicken fans throw out baseless claims that accuse Akron of being classless, fail to produce any proof, and then have countless videos and articles thrown back at them of the Sesame Street Lightning Chickens being the classless bunch. 

Give em hell tonight, ZipsNation.

fixed it.  that's right.  that term was fresh in my mind from somewhere.

• Haha 1