2 Zips Bite the Dust

Z-P

Hit the link: http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

Matt and Conrad were let go by the Jags this morning, sucks.........especially for Mattie. I still think he'll hood up somewhere. The Jags are loaded at wideout.

Looks like Mike is going to make the team in STL..........another TE bit the dust in their cut down. Hit NFL.com and pop the Ram to see that story.

ILFSITF

Where's that dudie been? :rolltide:

Hit the link: http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www.nfl.com/

Matt and Conrad were let go by the Jags this morning, sucks.........especially for Mattie. I still think he'll hood up somewhere. The Jags are loaded at wideout.

Looks like Mike is going to make the team in STL..........another TE bit the dust in their cut down. Hit NFL.com and pop the Ram to see that story.

ILFSITF

Where's that dudie been? :rolltide:

Looks like it is getting towards the end of the line for Konrad. This is his 3rd year of camp, and he’s getting cut pretty early. I wish him the best, but it doesn’t look good. Can you make a decent living in NFL Europe?

Matt will be ok. Hope he latches on with someone else. If he gets a chance to develop in Europe for a season, I think he can make a roster next year…or this year if some NFL scout is paying attention! :rock:

Got to always keep in mind that the difference between Division 1 HS and the MAC is like night and day, for a smaller school ever greater. The difference between the MAC and the "blue ribbon" programs (USC/LSU etc ) and take note OSU was not in my comparasion, to the "Show" , the leap is the jump to light speed.

Konrad was over rated. Big Gres was a better OL than him any day. Remember when Dwight was here? He was frickin All-World" , where is he now? I did not see Jason T play here so cannot make same observation.

The "Show" is massive and oh so cruel. Anyone with the guts enough to give it a try on the come has one giant "attaboy" from me.

Some of you may remember Brian Shaw (70) was talked about in the scouting reports as a possibe "practice squad" player. He didnt show me much of that as a Senior and ended up as a back-up most of the year albeit he did get a couple of concussions.

:wall::chair:

Guest UA_Fan
Konrad was over rated.  Big Gres was a better OL than him any day.  Remember when Dwight was here?  He was frickin All-World" , where is he now?  I did not see Jason T play here so cannot make same observation. 

I assume you're talking about Dwight Smith, All-American Div. 1A? (Remember, most USC/LSU players are not All-Americans) Dwight is now a starting safety for the Tampa Bay Bucs of the NFL. And by the way, he helped them win a Super Bowl as a rookie with a couple of picks, one for a touchdown. I think he's done pretty well for himself so far.

Jason Taylor has been a starting DE for the Dolphins for what, 6 years now? He was designated as one of their franchise players and I believe has been in the Pro Bowl.

TY pouch, I think you got the ghist of my post. I am well aware of Dwight's history including his MVP Super Bowl award, but is he still there. My contact in Tampa says nothing about this formaer Zip and he is a huge Buc fan.

Ditto for Jason T. My point was on him, never saw him at UA therefore could not make same assessment as Konrad, Gres, Cherry and Brake.

Bottom line is that there is a friggin world of difference between college ball and the "show". Everyone cant cut it , so but they could catch a break.

Starting a mini rant here, take the FG kicker a couple of years ago, he was great...got an early cut by the Cowboys. Its about first and foremost ability and then following closely behind, the breaks.

Breaks work at the college level also. Witness perfect example...Jason Swigger. My boy Billy S faultered and Jason got a chance. He has kmade the best of it.

Another break: remember opening game Thuirsday night of the 2000 season. who started at QB? Who got hurt? Who came in and began writing history?? Breaks are big/huge. Remeber PW's comments about #5 they almost wrote him off as a player in his freshman year.

Sorry for the rant. Here;s to the Padre again :gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun: