Future Rowdies

Valpo Zip

Besides Kyle being a phenomenal (current/future) rowdy for a long time now, i noticed a whole bunch of future rowdies yesterday at the Q. One girl i think was Kyle's sister (i couldn't catch her name) and few other kids.But the one amazing girl was sitting on the left side her name is Merissa (sp?) and she was unbelievable... jumping up and down, screaming her lungs out and by the way she knew the players one by one and was yelling their names as they were walking by the tunnel and she was definitely aware of the fact that :screwks: . The Ak-Rowdies organization started only 2 years ago... but now with those kids, we can rest assured that it will keep going for a long time.

I think Kyle's sister's name was Katie. We all know the AK-Rowdies and the ones who go to away games are the AK-Roadies. There is talk of starting the AK-Oldies for alumni, and now I'm thinking there should be the AK-Kiddies for the youngsters! Some of these kids are louder than the students!

Love the future AK-Rowdies group idea! My two girls are definitely applying for membership! They haven't missed a home game since they were born (9 and 11 years old) and have been to several away games this year. Last night my 9 year old got Rome to sign her #24 jersey. Rome was just milling around in the crowd after the game near where Jeff Phelps was set up. My girls spotted him and we shot some pictures and his autograph! Great fun and all the while the Can't Statecks students were taunting us. My girls always dish it back - Can't Read, Can't Write, Can't State! They are not allowed to use the other favorite saying! - got to draw the line somewhere!

I mentioned somthing bout them starting a group for the kids a while back, but the idea was shot down... I told them how my brother goes to the games an is standing an cheering an is asked by the old folks if he could sit down so they can see the game. But i think it is a great idea to start a kids group for the rowdies.

Attn: RowdiesI have a suggestion for tonight.Back when I was in high school, our basketball team was in a tournament, and we were winning semifinal game, and started chanting "We want (their name)" to the team we were going to play in the finals.Well, the next night, we got out butts kicked and they started chanting "You Got (their name)"Anyway...I heard that Can't was chanting "We Want Akron" last night.So, when we start kicking their tails tonight, I'd love to hear some "You Got Akron".Just a suggestion.

Attn: RowdiesI have a suggestion for tonight.Back when I was in high school, our basketball team was in a tournament, and we were winning semifinal game, and started chanting "We want (their name)" to the team we were going to play in the finals.Well, the next night, we got out butts kicked and they started chanting "You Got (their name)"Anyway...I heard that Can't was chanting "We Want Akron" last night.So, when we start kicking their tails tonight, I'd love to hear some "You Got Akron".Just a suggestion.
Love it! I heard em. Funny, last night when I heard them chanting that I was thinking to myself...oh, you're gonna get Akron.