Loss through the eyes of a Rowdie

zipsbandman

This is how it all happened for me.It turns out Miami fouls and Cedric goes to the line to ice the game with 6 seconds to go. As soon as that happens, we begin our mad dash to the exits to get ready to celebrate with our guys. Authorities are yelling at us to slow down, but at that point who cared? Then I hear the crowd go nuts, and I'm like this is it! I get to the tunnel and see a sea of red on the court and a bunch of Rowdies standing there like they are at a funeral. That's where it all began for me. What an emotional swing. I did not even see the play because I was making my way to the tunnel!! I had no flippin clue what happened! So I feel for the team especially and all of zipsnation. We had this one but came up short.... I'm not sure where we go from here.

I was informed and seen on the TV that the clock did NOT start as soon as miami got the rebound off the missed free throw. it did not start until miami hit the half court line. This is bunch of BS. i was at the Q sitting next to the rowdies and seen them all make the dash to the court...... had the clock started when they got the rebound, clock runs o ut...akron goes dancing!

I was informed and seen on the TV that the clock did NOT start as soon as miami got the rebound off the missed free throw. it did not start until miami hit the half court line. This is bunch of BS. i was at the Q sitting next to the rowdies and seen them all make the dash to the court...... had the clock started when they got the rebound, clock runs o ut...akron goes dancing!
Wrong! Although the MAC officials suck, the clock started long before the half court line. At most a second to 1.5 seconds went off the clock. Since the shot was taken by Miami with 1.6 seconds left, they win regardless. It just shows how you must hit your free throws at the end of a game!

:cry::cry::wall::wall::puke: 'nuff said. I was there too. I just got to the tunnel and someone said "we lost." I cried like a baby when the indians lost the 97 series to the marlins. this one was a close second. FREE THROWS FREE THROWS FREE THROWS.silver lining if there is one... maybe an NIT home game? I'd say the at-large chances are about 5% at this point, maybe worse. I'm gonna go :cry: myself to sleep and then wake up at 5am to go to work. This one hurts, bad.Smile that we were 3-0 against K.E.N.T. and we officially ended their string of consecutive post-season appearances. We may not be dancing, but at least we're not 0-3 against our rivals and finished for the year.in the famous words of NE Ohio sports: MAYBE NEXT YEAR :puke:

Let me add a few things...First of all, that #4 spot (as I said in a post a week ago) was going to be the best spot in this tournament. It meant that you would be playing a weak Toledo team in the semis, and then get the winner of a dogfight between Can't and Akron in the finals. And now I am sick that it actually worked out that way.I feel bad for Cedrick Middleton. He probably feels the weight of the loss, but frankly, we missed several opportunities down the stretch to put that game away.That's one of the luckiest shots I have ever seen decide a game. And maybe, as we keep looking at this over the next several days, we'll find out that it should have never counted anyway. And, as we've known all along, someone needs to SERIOUSLY take a look at MAC officiating. Miami should have gotten a technical for running onto the court before the game was over. I'm not going to judge Keith Dambrot based on one big-game loss.

I talked to a relative of mine who was a long time ACC official and told him the situation.he confirmed what i have thought all along. When the officials decided to put time back on the clock, there should also have been a techincal given to Miami for having theit team come off of the bench onto the court. He said that AFTER the officials decided to put time back on the clock, they should have awarded a techincal foul shot to the opposing team of the team that ran onto the court. But once again, Akron gets the shafts because of horrible MAC officiating.here are a few things i noticed in person from the Q, and he also did while watching on the TV.J.Wood was getting hacked, and basically assaulted while under the basket and anytime he got to the lane and in traffic, but it was only called a few times.The traveling call that should have been called on miami #31 towards the end of the game, he got the ball an shuffled his feet and then took a step ( he ended up making the 3 pointer)The horrible blocking call on dru, when he was turning away from the miami of ohio player.and lastly to the Akron players who may read this.... Thanks for the great season, you may not have won the MAC title, but you made it there and won more games in a season then any other zips team in history. lets hope you get a bid to the ncaa tourney, cuz i honestly think we can win a game or 2..... but if we are sent to the NIT lets dominate!

#1 doug penno hit the 3 pointer, if you are talking about the one at the end...and a technical foul definately should have been called if time was added. why time was added was beyond my mind, because if the clock started late, why would they add time. yes it was a lucky shot, yes ced shoulda made his free throw (which he wasn't even close on) but they stuck around all game, everytime we had a chance to push it to double digits one of their guards would hit a three or #50 would hit a layup. in the post game interview all KD talked about was how lucky the shot was, and how life is unfair, instead i think he should have at least brought up the struggles from the free throw linejosh