hey zip fans

usair1493

Hey Akron faithful!I just got on this site today and created a username. I am Steve Swiech and I will be playing here at Akron next year. I've made it to many games, and even spent the weekend in Cleveland. I'm sorry the weekend didnt turn out the way we all wanted it to. I just wanted to tell you all that i can't wait to play in front of you guys! Your cheers and antics are great, and make Akron b-ball that much more exciting! I just wanted to say "hey", and to tell you guys to keep up the good work and keep your spirits up!Now a Zip for life,Steve Swiechp.s.next 4 years are gonna be fun!

Hey Akron faithful!I just got on this site today and created a username. I am Steve Swiech and I will be playing here at Akron next year. I've made it to many games, and even spent the weekend in Cleveland. I'm sorry the weekend didnt turn out the way we all wanted it to. I just wanted to tell you all that i can't wait to play in front of you guys! Your cheers and antics are great, and make Akron b-ball that much more exciting! I just wanted to say "hey", and to tell you guys to keep up the good work and keep your spirits up!Now a Zip for life,Steve Swiechp.s.next 4 years are gonna be fun!
That' the first positive thing I've seen or felt since Saturday. Thanks for dropping the note. I'll speak for everyone on ZipsNation when I say you couldn't have picked a better time to introduce yourself and maybe get us off the snide, and to start thinking about the future. Your enthusiam for the Zips program really is heartening. We all look forward to watching you play. :thumb:

Steve,Good to hear from you. You are getting talked about quite a bit all over Akron, and we are looking forward to having you as a Zip for the next four years.Good luck in your career here.....we'll be supporting you all the way.And as someone stated previously, we want to thank you for adding some bright light to an otherwise gloomy last couple of days. '86 Akron Alum

This year we were better then last year............... next year we have a chance to be better then this year. Not taking anything at all away from DRU or ROME, because they both turned out to be very very good players for us. But i look at us signing Swiech and Steward like it was when we signed Dru and Rome.....we got 2 marquee players who we can help build our future around for the next few years

Welcome Steve! I couldn't help but think of your high school stats and enthusiasm for our program as I watched Tim Pollitz do a number on us on both ends of the court. Really looking forward to watching you play and help the Zips avoid the kind of crap we just witnessed this weekend. Again, WELCOME and thanks for becoming part of The Nation! :thumb:

A hearty welcome to you Steve, from a fellow Western Pennsylvanian (originally)! Take it from me, the people from Akron will be good to you, aside from a few snide remarks about y'ins having an accent n'at :P Just jaggin' with ya :thumb: Seriously, we're very happy to have you here.Go Zips!!! :rock:

Hey Steve,Welcome. As everyone else has said, you really brightened an otherwise gloomy day! Looking forward to seeing you in the Blue and Gold next season!I like the Fear the Roo on your website. Now, you just need to add the link to ZipsNation. :thumb: What's up with the Latin?http://www.stephenswiech.com/Entrance.html

Hello everyone I'm Steve's uncle Norm, and I must say that I am excited as the rest of you that Steve is playing for Akron. Everyone that I met from KD to the players, alumni has been amazing. I take my hat off to you. I have been on this site now since Steve told me he was going to Akron, and I must say you people are just as crazy about your sport team as the people in Pittsburgh are about the Steelers. Please no offense to you Browns Fans. I look forward to making many trips with my son Nathan (who is Steve's biggest fan) to the JAR next year. I wish you well Steve and all the boys from Akron!!!!!FEAR THE ROO BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks:

Steven -- Thanks for stopping by -- I have to admit your post made me feel a little bit better today (two days after the NIT snub and three days after the shot/time keeping fiasco). My family is from your neck of the woods and my dad was excited to see you were attending Akron. My father graduated from Beth Center and my mom from Jefferson Morgan. Looking forward to seeing you play next year and manning the middle to the Zips!

Great to have you here, Steve! Careful with what you read here, though. This board gives us a forum in which we can have knee-jerk reactions to anything and everything! You're going to really enjoy your time here at Akron! You'll find the students to be friendly and the fans to be die-hard supportive (some fans turn on their players when a team happens to be losing. I've never really found that to be the case here. Of course we all want to win, but if a player is playing hard and giving it his/her all, that's generally what we're most pleased with!)You're going to have fun, make friends, get a very good education, play close to home, be a part of a really cool team with a bunch of good guys, and help elevate this rising program to national recognition! We're all excited to meet you in person and to get to watch you rock the JAR!

This year we were better then last year............... next year we have a chance to be better then this year. Not taking anything at all away from DRU or ROME, because they both turned out to be very very good players for us. But i look at us signing Swiech and Steward like it was when we signed Dru and Rome.....we got 2 marquee players who we can help build our future around for the next few years
I agree Steward and Sweich are keys to Akron becoming a perennial MAC power. This has the potential to be the Zips' best ever recruiting class.Don't forget about Brett McKnight (Chris' brother), he turned into a scoring machine this year for Lancaster High School.Life as a die-hard Zips fan living in Columbus can be incredibly aggravating since so many people here don't care about anybody isn't in the Big Ten or Top 25 in any sport. However, I have been very fortunate lately to see some 'future basketball Zips' while they were still playing in high school. In recent years I have seen Chris McKnight and Nate Linhart while in HS and was quite impressed, but these next two central Ohio Zip recruits (Steward and B. McKnight) are two of the most impressive players I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Believe me, despite how dark things have been lately, due to events beyond the team's control, the future is bright for the Zips on the hardwood.

I agree Steward and Sweich are keys to Akron becoming a perennial MAC power. This has the potential to be the Zips' best ever recruiting class.Don't forget about Brett McKnight (Chris' brother), he turned into a scoring machine this year for Lancaster High School.Life as a die-hard Zips fan living in Columbus can be incredibly aggravating since so many people here don't care about anybody isn't in the Big Ten or Top 25 in any sport. However, I have been very fortunate lately to see some 'future basketball Zips' while they were still playing in high school. In recent years I have seen Chris McKnight and Nate Linhart while in HS and was quite impressed, but these next two central Ohio Zip recruits (Steward and B. McKnight) are two of the most impressive players I have ever had the pleasure of watching. Believe me, despite how dark things have been lately, due to events beyond the team's control, the future is bright for the Zips on the hardwood.
yeah i have seen on numerous websites that b mcknight is better then his brother chris mcknight.