More Sports - Les Levine

Zip_ME87

Did anyone catch all of "More Sports - Les Levine" on Time Warner tonight (Tuesday, March 13th)? I caught the last 10 minutes of the replay at 11 pm. Terry Pluto had some nice things to say about KD...Something like, One thing about Keith Dambrot, they will always be good. Some years they will be good, other years, they will be great.Terry also mentioned the Zips' brutal schedule at the end of the season and that not even the NBA makes its teams play 3 (or 4) in a row like the Tournament.Finally, he mentioned K.e.n.t's 9 straight years of 20+ wins and history in the NCAA and NIT, and not even mentioned for the NIT (another mid-major/MAC problem)If anyone did catch the show at 6pm (or full replay at 11 pm), I'd like to know what else was said before I tuned in and if there were any callers discussing the Zips.

Terry Pluto had some nice things to say about KD...
Shocker. He's usually one of the most critical members of the media? :lol:
Yes, I was surprised too.Terry even defended KD for sticking up for his players when Les mentioned the foul shots. (And, Les didn't bring it up in a demoralizing way. His tone was sympathetic.)Maybe the ABJ and other NE Ohio media outlets will realize that they are partially responsible for the snub. If they gave us better coverage throughout the year, perhaps we would be more noticeable come post season.

Guys,Speaking of Can't......Can you imagine if Can't, because of their recent post-season successes, had gotten a bid to the NIT, and we got nothing? After beating them 3 times this season? It certainly was a possibility considering all of the crazy decisions that were made by selection committees this weekend.THAT would have been the ultimate capper to this horrible weekend.

Guys,Speaking of Can't......Can you imagine if Can't, because of their recent post-season successes, had gotten a bid to the NIT, and we got nothing? After beating them 3 times this season? It certainly was a possibility considering all of the crazy decisions that were made by selection committees this weekend.THAT would have been the ultimate capper to this horrible weekend.
Yikes, what a scenario! :puke:

Guys,Speaking of Can't......Can you imagine if Can't, because of their recent post-season successes, had gotten a bid to the NIT, and we got nothing?  After beating them 3 times this season?  It certainly was a possibility considering all of the crazy decisions that were made by selection committees this weekend.THAT would have been the ultimate capper to this horrible weekend.
Yikes, what a scenario! :puke:
the absolute worst scenario possible would have been us beating Can't for a third time, going on to play Ohio in the final. Bubba makes that last second bullshit shot, then Can't gets an NIT bid while we get jack. I'm pretty sure Bubba making that shot would have skyrocketed the Akron suicide rate 10 fold. Especially if Ohio went on to the elite 8 or something with Bubba averaging like 30 a game, and vaulting himself into draft status.things could be worse ... I suppose. SCREW THE NIT

• 13 years later...
55 minutes ago, Sergeant Zip said:

Way back when I used to reside in Akron I regularly listened to his show. When a caller would say, "great show," Les would always ask, "tonight?" And the caller would respond, "yes."

I often thought about calling and my planned response when he asked, "tonight?" was going to be, " well no, but usually." Well I guess I can scratch that off my bucket list now.

On 2/4/2021 at 12:52 PM, Sergeant Zip said:

He ran an entertaining show. Much better than most of the current locals not named Carman, or Rizzo BITD. Loved his radio shows, TV shows, the How Come Quickies, he was very knowledgeable but didn’t beat you over the head with it. It’s a sad day.

On 2/5/2021 at 2:18 AM, Z.I.P. said:

Was he better than Pete Franklin?  Lee Hamilton?  ?

Pete was very smart, but I saw him as more of a “Gary Dee of sports talk”.