Darryl Roberts

RatFink

From Rasors blog March 2006:The 2006 recruiting class looks promising, as well. Three high school players, point guard Darryl Roberts, power forward Chris McKnight and center Mike Bardo, have signed to play for the Zips.Roberts is a quick point guard from St. Francis de Sales High School in Toledo.“He had a really good year,” Dambrot said. “He can shoot the ball, handle the ball. He’s athletic and quick.”Roberts’ offensive skills have made him one of Northwest Ohio’s best players for the past two years.“He’s one of those kids that makes other kids look good,” St. Francis deSales athletic director Carl Janke said. “He’s not selfish.”

From Rasors blog March 2006:The 2006 recruiting class looks promising, as well. Three high school players, point guard Darryl Roberts, power forward Chris McKnight and center Mike Bardo, have signed to play for the Zips.Roberts is a quick point guard from St. Francis de Sales High School in Toledo.“He had a really good year,” Dambrot said. “He can shoot the ball, handle the ball. He’s athletic and quick.”Roberts’ offensive skills have made him one of Northwest Ohio’s best players for the past two years.“He’s one of those kids that makes other kids look good,” St. Francis deSales athletic director Carl Janke said. “He’s not selfish.”
Oh,ok. another player who can step up and help right away.

I posted this elsewhere, but FYI, Roberts was 1st Team D-1 All-Ohio at PG last year. If he makes the grades that would give us three 1st Team D-1 All-Ohio and one 1st Team D-2 All-Ohio players on the roster next year! :bow: Plus Wood! Plus Sweich! Holy cow! :rock:
if im not mistaken, when wood was in hs at central hower, he made the all state team (not sure if it was 1st or 2nd) and sweich is from PA and they havent released their all state players yet. My thought is that he will be on the all state team, after having a very dominate senior year.

• 2 weeks later...

what about mcknight? i thought that i read somewhere he broke some school records wherever he is from and made the all-state team. and if im not mistaken linhart was on the all-state team. and i know dials was. actually i think dials made all-state 3 years with the poy his sr. year.so right there we have 3 more added on to make 6... might have to check mcknight though and maybe even linhart.

what about mcknight? i thought that i read somewhere he broke some school records wherever he is from and made the all-state team. and if im not mistaken linhart was on the all-state team. and i know dials was. actually i think dials made all-state 3 years with the poy his sr. year.so right there we have 3 more added on to make 6... might have to check mcknight though and maybe even linhart.
couldnt have been POY that was the same grad year as LeBron i think, but i could be wrong.