2007 season looks promising

bobbyake

Hahaha...feel better?Look, I'm all about positive thinking, but I'm also realistic. I hope to God that Akron beats OSU...it'd would do soooo much for this program and would be an enormous win for the team to build on for the rest of the year. I'd love to see it happen. BUT - I just don't see it happening, and I think it's silly for anyone who doesn't think it's going to happen to get bashed and called "thin-skinned". And it's not even an OSU thing - I don't think they'd beat a lot of schools. They're a program that is just building up. In a few years? Yes. Now? No. Personally, I come to this board to debate Zips sports and discuss how I truly feel about things, not what I wish would happen, and not to be an Internet cheerleader. I swear, if someone doesn't predict perfect seasons for every team, that Romeo Travis isn't going to be a pro, or that Charlie Frye should be given anything less than Sainthood, they aren't a "true fan", or they just get sophomoric insults thrown at them like I received in the post by Balki. Lighten up folks! If you look at all I've said, I've simply given my true, non-biased opinion on the matter. Sometimes that's picking the Zips, sometimes it's not. If you want otherwise, I suggest going to a pep rally instead. Even so, for those who can't handle my realistic predictions...New Predictions!Akron football finishes the year undefeated and wins the National Title. Carlton Jackson, Dennis Kennedy, and Jabari Arthur finish in a three way tie for the Heisman. Predicted NBA Draft order:1. Romeo Travis2. Dru Joyce3. Matt Futch4. Nick Meyers5. Andy HipsherUndrafted (Bryan Hipsher - C'mon, I can't even do that in this joke! :lol:)Am I a "true Zips fan" now? :thumb::tomato:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha...feel better?Look, I'm all about positive thinking, but I'm also realistic. I hope to God that Akron beats OSU...it'd would do soooo much for this program and would be an enormous win for the team to build on for the rest of the year. I'd love to see it happen. BUT - I just don't see it happening, and I think it's silly for anyone who doesn't think it's going to happen to get bashed and called "thin-skinned". And it's not even an OSU thing - I don't think they'd beat a lot of schools. They're a program that is just building up. In a few years? Yes. Now? No. Personally, I come to this board to debate Zips sports and discuss how I truly feel about things, not what I wish would happen, and not to be an Internet cheerleader. I swear, if someone doesn't predict perfect seasons for every team, that Romeo Travis isn't going to be a pro, or that Charlie Frye should be given anything less than Sainthood, they aren't a "true fan", or they just get sophomoric insults thrown at them like I received in the post by Balki. Lighten up folks! If you look at all I've said, I've simply given my true, non-biased opinion on the matter. Sometimes that's picking the Zips, sometimes it's not. If you want otherwise, I suggest going to a pep rally instead. Even so, for those who can't handle my realistic predictions...New Predictions!Akron football finishes the year undefeated and wins the National Title. Carlton Jackson, Dennis Kennedy, and Jabari Arthur finish in a three way tie for the Heisman. Predicted NBA Draft order:1. Romeo Travis2. Dru Joyce3. Matt Futch4. Nick Meyers5. Andy HipsherUndrafted (Bryan Hipsher - C'mon, I can't even do that in this joke! :lol:)Am I a "true Zips fan" now? :thumb::tomato:
same old song and dance from you. Wah childish insults. wah. why don't you go start some more threads just linking your blog.

Hahaha...feel better?Look, I'm all about positive thinking, but I'm also realistic.  I hope to God that Akron beats OSU...it'd would do soooo much for this program and would be an enormous win for the team to build on for the rest of the year.  I'd love to see it happen.  BUT - I just don't see it happening, and I think it's silly for anyone who doesn't think it's going to happen to get bashed and called "thin-skinned".  And it's not even an OSU thing - I don't think they'd beat a lot of schools.  They're a program that is just building up.  In a few years? Yes.  Now?  No.  Personally, I come to this board to debate Zips sports and discuss how I truly feel about things, not what I wish would happen, and not to be an Internet cheerleader.  I swear, if someone doesn't predict perfect seasons for every team, that Romeo Travis isn't going to be a pro, or that Charlie Frye should be given anything less than Sainthood, they aren't a "true fan", or they just get sophomoric insults thrown at them like I received in the post by Balki.  Lighten up folks!  If you look at all I've said, I've simply given my true, non-biased opinion on the matter.  Sometimes that's picking the Zips, sometimes it's not.  If you want otherwise, I suggest going to a pep rally instead.  Even so, for those who can't handle my realistic predictions...New Predictions!Akron football finishes the year undefeated and wins the National Title.  Carlton Jackson, Dennis Kennedy, and Jabari Arthur finish in a three way tie for the Heisman.  Predicted NBA Draft order:1. Romeo Travis2. Dru Joyce3. Matt Futch4. Nick Meyers5. Andy HipsherUndrafted (Bryan Hipsher - C'mon, I can't even do that in this joke! :lol:)Am I a "true Zips fan" now? :thumb::tomato:
same old song and dance from you. Wah childish insults. wah. why don't you go start some more threads just linking your blog.
Oooo nailed me there! :lol:

If you look at all I've said, I've simply given my true, non-biased opinion on the matter.
No, what you've said is way too much! Making a prediction that the Zips may win or lose or even listing the schedule with your predicted outcome (W or L) would have been sufficient. But with you, every tOSU topic eventually contains about every frickin' tOSU statistic known to mankind while also listing the entire roster. It's evident to everyone here where your loyalties are.CK said it beautifully. Balki followed-up with a slam dunk.

If you look at all I've said, I've simply given my true, non-biased opinion on the matter.
No, what you've said is way too much! Making a prediction that the Zips may win or lose or even listing the schedule with your predicted outcome (W or L) would have been sufficient. But with you, every tOSU topic eventually contains about every frickin' tOSU statistic known to mankind while also listing the entire roster. It's evident to everyone here where your loyalties are.CK said it beautifully. Balki followed-up with a slam dunk.
I listed OSU's results compared to Akron because CK claimed I was "thin-skinned" for not believing Akron was currently on the same level as OSU in football. The point was that - while it may be debated - my opinion was a very realistic and well-supported one. Never have I listed an OSU roster or said that I cheer for OSU over Akron. I've never even started an OSU thread. Now, I love Akron and I hate Michigan. But if Akron were to play Michigan, I'd predict them to lose just like I did against OSU...and if someone said Akron was on the same level as Michigan in football right now, I'd call them out on that as well. It has nothing to do with OSU and everything to do with being realistic in my opinions on different topic matters. If you can't handle that and you're instead looking for an Internet Pep Rally, please save your time and stop reading my posts.