Zips get a DL back

InTheZone

Not huge news, but '06 signee DE Blake Smith, who went through preseason camp last year but was declared ineligible, has made the grades and regained his eligibility. Smith wasn't that heavily recruited if I remember correctly, but with our depth at DL so thin every scholarship player we can get on the roster is a postive step.

Not huge news, but '06 signee DE Blake Smith, who went through preseason camp last year but was declared ineligible, has made the grades and regained his eligibility. Smith wasn't that heavily recruited if I remember correctly, but with our depth at DL so thin every scholarship player we can get on the roster is a postive step.
In a slightly related note, the Zips expect 6' 5" Canadian DL Hassan Hazime to join the team Jan '08. MAYBE this summer, but January is more probable. The Zips decided against offering fellow Canadian DL Vaughn Martin.

How big is this guy? I looked on a few recruiting webpages and i couldnt find anything on him. and also add the guy from iowa ( if the rumor of him coming to akron is true) and our DL could become one of the better positions on our team. (the kid was a 4 star prospect coming out of HS, and from what i saw on his highlight film the kid cant be blocked)

• 3 weeks later...