Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looks like Jason Taylor may hang it up after this year. Dang, used to love seeing him on national games showing he was from Akron. Even have a picture of it from some game in the past. Sorry he never won a Super Bowl but not rooting for the Jets for him to get it.

Interesting article on JT and the amount of film study (tendencies) he used to hone his QB rushing skills. Maybe he could offer a free seminar to our DL in the off season? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great article!!!

Sorry that JT is unlikely to get the ring. Same goes for LaDainian Tomlinson, two class acts that may never get another chance.

Anyhow, it was nice to read that Taylor is a "sure fire" Hall of Famer.

I'm glad that I got to know him as a classmate, and it's been so cool watching him rep Akron over the years.

Great article. Thanks JZ. JT should have been a Steeler. I'll never forgive Tom Donahoe & Cowher for missing on JT in that draft. I'm always excited to see a Woodland Hills guy play for the Zips. Loved Brandon Payne.

Agreed! We need to tap that resource once again. Payne had as much heart as any player the Zips have ever had. He was never the same after the knee injury, but he still managed to contribute.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Frye is scheduled for unrestricted free agency.
Homework assignment for someone. What teams originally brought Charlie in before the draft for workout/interview? I don't know the answer, I'm curious. When I asked an NFL coach one time why he would bring player A in when it was obvious to me they were not going to draft player A. His answer was, they building a folder for his up and coming free agency in case they have interest at that time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...