Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

UGIII looked really good last night. He got in on D about mid 3rd quarter until the end of the game.  INT at the goal line on a 2pt conversion, strip sack, and another sack. Another QB pressure/hit as well. I must've missed the 2nd sack. Not a single "negative" play (missed tackle, beat in coverage, etc). Pretty pumped for him..

I also didn't see MAC DPOY Sutton Smith on the field at all.

Edited by LZIp

38 minutes ago, LZIp said:

UGIII looked really good last night. He got in on D about mid 3rd quarter until the end of the game.  INT at the goal line on a 2pt conversion, strip sack, and another sack. Another QB pressure/hit as well. I must've missed the 2nd sack. Not a single "negative" play (missed tackle, beat in coverage, etc). Pretty pumped for him..

I also didn't see MAC DPOY Sutton Smith on the field at all.

He did not play.

Source: Tom Mead

Don’t tell the rest of the NFL about the MAC – In 2018 there were 71 players from the MAC conference in the NFL. You might not be shocked to find out that the Steelers led the way with 8 players. The Steelers have shown an affinity to finding productive players from this conference and this game those players made their presence known. A quick list of the MAC guys making plays include the aforementioned Gilbert and Spillane along with Ola Adeniyi (3 tackles, couple of pressures), T. Jones (2 tackles, .5 sack) , Trevon Mathis (4 tackles) and Tuzar Skipper (2 tackles, 1 sack). And don’t forget about Rosie Nix, Ben Roethlisberger, Sutton Smith, Casey Sales, Diontae Johnson, and Chukwuma Okorafor also on the roster. And just for the record, if you don’t watch the MAC games regularly, check them out. They usually play on Saturday but starting in November they play throughout the week from Tuesday through Thursday as well giving us quality football to watch all week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, LZIp said:

Robert...Stein?? IIRC, he wasn't even a better kicker than his sibling, who was also a MAC kicker.

I believe Stein holds the Zips record for points scored. Robert was fairly consistent with FGs within his range. At one point, he lost the starting job but earned it back and was really solid after that point. I am pretty sure he let the other other kid keep his scholarship, too.

21 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

I believe Stein holds the Zips record for points scored. Robert was fairly consistent with FGs within his range. At one point, he lost the starting job but earned it back and was really solid after that point. I am pretty sure he let the other other kid keep his scholarship, too.

I don't think anyone would argue against "solid." But top 10 player ever? 

31 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

They sure did. I'm still mad that he wasn't the Super Bowl MVP for the Buccaneers that year. I mean, who else has ever had two interception returns for a TD in a Super Bowl?

Me too Blue.  The TV age took that one away, "needing" to be able to name an MVP before the end of the telecast, they rushed it and missed the second INT.  He was ROBBED!  He's still the MVP as far as I am/was concerned.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/7/2019 at 6:42 PM, Sergeant Zip said:

XFL Summer Showcases

Bryce Cheek
Jamal Marcus
Walter Brady
Tyrell Goodman
Isaiah Williams

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R8DSec0yBdhuqrCH1u3JU2JzoeHD9Te8a9YCBgsNw-8/edit#gid=1308845140

Bryce Cheek to LA Wildcats in the 10th round

Isaiah Williams to Tampa Bay Vipers in the 3rd round

Jamal Marcus, Walter Brady and Jovann Letuli went undrafted. 

Logan Tulley-Tillman is with the DC Defenders

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...