Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

10 hours ago, zzx said:

I wonder if any Zips will sign as NFL free agents or get a tryout this year ...

Not even sure who could be a candidate. I believe all of our scholly seniors from last season are either coming back or transferred. 

Edited by LZIp

The Cowboys drafted two talented LBs, so that'll hurt Justin March's chances to make the team I'd think. The Browns drafted Anthony Schwartz. Not sure how they plan to use him in the return game, buts clear he has that gadget aspect of his game from his film at Auburn, so Jojo's days are probably numbered.

Very soon we may only have UGIII in the NFL, and that may not even be a lock.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Is there anyone on the current Zip's roster who might be able to make it in Arena football (not necessarily  as a starter, but just able to make the roster)?

These young men don't need Arena league. Im guessing they all will have their degrees and go out and become very successful businessmen.

8 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I double-checked; players in the Arena league do get paid.

It seems like you don't think any of our players could make it in the Arena league.

Not the case! So whats the avg salary of Arena league player. I can tell you its 31k min to 50k  avg. These boys can get a real job and  make a heck of a lot more than that.

Edited by John Ward

13 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Not the case! So whats the avg salary of Arena league player. Thats my point. Plenty of talent if you don't mind starving.

Funnily enough, unless something has changed in the last few years since I have researched this, starving is the one thing that AFL players don't have to worry about. What I found back then, all players sign with the league and earn a low amount of money (about $850 a game is I remember correctly), but players are given three free meals a day and housing costs are subsidized. It didn't seem like the worst thing in the world for young, single guys who want to live in a biggish city, but would be pretty hard to raise a family on. 

I believe the Arena Football League has been defunct for a couple of years.  There is now the Indoor Football League and some regional lesser leagues..  The IFL players average about $37K.  

Hopefully, Arth is improving and maintaining the graduation rates to help some of these kids get gainful employment.  Indoor or arena football certainly are not the answer to a profitable future.

45 minutes ago, John Ward said:

Not the case! So whats the avg salary of Arena league player. I can tell you its 31k min to 50k  avg. These boys can get a real job and  make a heck of a lot more than that.

You have detoured the conversation away from my question which was: are any of the current Zips good enough to make the roster of an Arena (or Indoor or whatever they are called now) team. Your nonresponses to this question suggests your answer is "No". This is not good.

5 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

You have detoured the conversation away from my question which was: are any of the current Zips good enough to make the roster of an Arena (or Indoor or whatever they are called now) team. Your nonresponses to this question suggests your answer is "No". This is not good.

Son you must have a learning disability. I said there is talent but who wants to live under the poverty level. Stop your nonsense!

8 hours ago, John Ward said:

Son you must have a learning disability. I said there is talent but who wants to live under the poverty level. Stop your nonsense!

14 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Is this satire?  Are Zipmeister and John Ward really the same person?  Has to be, right?

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, John Ward said:

Old timer you must be going senile. In responding to my question you never replied that there are any players on the Zip's team talented enough to play at the minor league level. Instead you have focused on the fact the compensation level of minor league footballers.  

On 5/2/2021 at 7:47 AM, LZIp said:

The Cowboys drafted two talented LBs, so that'll hurt Justin March's chances to make the team I'd think. The Browns drafted Anthony Schwartz. Not sure how they plan to use him in the return game, buts clear he has that gadget aspect of his game from his film at Auburn, so Jojo's days are probably numbered.

Very soon we may only have UGIII in the NFL, and that may not even be a lock.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...