Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

46 minutes ago, you am i said:

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but I just saw that Charlie Frye is the QB coach for the Miami Dolphins. 

I wonder if he would take a pay cut to be head coach at his alma mater? I've lost confidence in this staff, from the top on down, they are incompetent and do not appear to be able to grow into the job, which was my hope. Guthrie needs to go to Miller and find a way to make a change.

12 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I wonder if he would take a pay cut to be head coach at his alma mater? I've lost confidence in this staff, from the top on down, they are incompetent and do not appear to be able to grow into the job, which was my hope. Guthrie needs to go to Miller and find a way to make a change.

There's absolutely no way a NFL QB coach in his first year in that role would take a job at a MAC school.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not the NFL, but Almondo Sewell is still a force in the CFL as he had 2 keys sacks in the Montreal Alouettes 28-17 conference semifinal victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats today.

https://www.tsn.ca/montreal-alouettes-advance-eastern-semi-final-hamilton-tiger-cats-1.1874238

Edited by johnnyzip84
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Just now, GoZips86 said:

Any Zips enter NFL draft for this weekend? Specifically, is Shocky Jacques-Lois in? I think he could be a late rounder, perhaps? 

Saw some rumblings of Whigan getting some interest. Those would be the two who have a chance. Two more than we ever had in the Arth years :) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Saw some rumblings of Whigan getting some interest. Those would be the two who have a chance. Two more than we ever had in the Arth years :) 

Yep, SJL and Whigan would be the two with the best chance. It’d be great if they were drafted somewhere on day 3 and it could be announced in front of all the recruits in attendance at the spring game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Yep, SJL and Whigan would be the two with the best chance. It’d be great if they were drafted somewhere on day 3 and it could be announced in front of all the recruits in attendance at the spring game.

Not to be a downer but I would be surprised if SJL gets any interest.  His pro day numbers where pretty bad for a WR, bad 40 & vertical is not something NFL teams are looking for 

22 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Not to be a downer but I would be surprised if SJL gets any interest.  His pro day numbers where pretty bad for a WR, bad 40 & vertical is not something NFL teams are looking for 

No disagreement on his numbers. Hopefully his production speaks for itself and a team is willing to take a chance. The 6th and 7th rounds always have a few surprise picks. We’ll see.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1