Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know about the guys who played for the Akron Pros back in the 20's, but I think the first Zip to score a touchdown in the NFL was TE Chris Kelly when he played for the replacement Browns during the strike of '87. Can someone confirm?James Black only played on the special teams...I believe.

• 5 weeks later...

This isn't about a Zip in the NFL, but I didn't want to start a whole thread with K.E.N.T. involved. Since many of us still have nightmares watching the Zip D trying to contain this "Houdini", it sure was nice to see a NFL team having to struggle to tackle Edelman this afternoon in the playoffs. Of course, it wasn't nearly enough, but that doesn't diminish the effort or skill. I am SO glad he's gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. Im look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This topicis going to be great resource. Love reading it.If you are looking to purchase a designer handbag, Coach purses should be your first choice. Coach purses are something that you will get a lot of from the the coach outlet store

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders restricted free-agent QB Charlie Frye has been given an original-round tender worth $1.226 million. The Raiders would receive a third-round pick as compensation if another team signed Frye and they refused to match the offer.Mike Garafolo, of The Star-Ledger, reports the New York Giants have tendered restricted free-agent WR Domenik Hixon a second-round offer, according to a source. The offer is a one-year deal worth $1.684 million.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good to hear!! Maybe this thread should be renamed Zips in the _FL.

Early on in his career I just couldn't believe how DK kept getting the ball so much...sure he looked fast, but if he brushed against the pinky finger or shoelace of the D-lineman you knew he was going down.

Then something happened. DK completely turned his game around and just started running straight through guys. He got tough and competed with complete confidence. Great to watch.

I put him up right up with Brandon Payne in my all time favorite RB's.

<a href="http://cjonline.com/sports/football/2010-05-17/chiefs_sign_Can't States_fitzgerald" target="_blank">Andre Jones signs with the KC Chiefs</a>. Maybe he'll hang out with Teal Bunbury.
Your link says 'page not found' Here is another.

Sorry. Looks like the Can't filter ate my link. Should have seen that coming.

Good to hear!! Maybe this thread should be renamed Zips in the _FL.

Early on in his career I just couldn't believe how DK kept getting the ball so much...sure he looked fast, but if he brushed against the pinky finger or shoelace of the D-lineman you knew he was going down.

Then something happened. DK completely turned his game around and just started running straight through guys. He got tough and competed with complete confidence. Great to watch.

I put him up right up with Brandon Payne in my all time favorite RB's.

Over Mike Clark, Dennis Brumfield, James Black, Doug Lewis???????????

Never,