Dr Z

Zips in the NFL

467 posts in this topic

I thought Jojo had a real good shot of making a 53 or practice squad roster.

i wish Jerome could take his pro decision back but hopefully he gets another shot somewhere else.

1 hour ago, zzx said:

Looks like the Colts kept Jojo Natson and got rid of Jerome Lane--- Colts roster

Wow that was quick! Especially considering he was signed and not just brought in for a try out. Jerome just can't escape the shadow of Jojo.I wonder if his mom has taken to twitter yet to voice her displeasure.

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Wow that was quick! Especially considering he was signed and not just brought in for a try out. Jerome just can't escape the shadow of Jojo.I wonder if his mom has taken to twitter yet to voice her displeasure.

My God.  Who gave Jerome the sage advice to leave early?  Turrible.

1 person likes this

Jerome did get very bad advice. But let's not forget that he is an adult and he made his own decisions. He now has to live with the consequences. My issue with him turning pro has always been that he did not have a pro's mentality. Let's face it, everybody in the NFL has great talent. Perhaps Jerome did too, but it is attitude that separates those who make it and those who don't. In that area he is deficient and that is the area that holds him back. I hope he returns to complete his degree and I wish him well in his next endeavor. This may be a good learning opportunity with much good to come from it.

Come on guys. While it is surprising and not a good look that he has been cut this early, I would bet his career is far from over.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:00 AM, kreed5120 said:

Yeah, there is always the CFL.

Since he declared pro in football, can he come back and play for Groce?

On 5/17/2017 at 5:22 AM, zzx said:

JoJo Natson interview with Bob Lamey

Natson was by far the best offensive player last season. He is much more versatile and more polished as a receiver than Lane. Obviously,Natson will be a special teams guy if he sticks. Good for him. He has guts.

2 people like this

The article on Natson seemed to capture Natson pretty well. He had an extraordinary will to win and make plays. I am really pleased to see him get this chance.

1 person likes this

On 5/19/2017 at 1:47 AM, akronzips71 said:

Since he declared pro in football, can he come back and play for Groce?

I don't know for certain. Weeden played for the Yankees before he played qb at Oklahoma state. However, I'm not sure if he was able to do that bc he wasn't previously a college student.

7 hours ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

I don't know for certain. Weeden played for the Yankees before he played qb at Oklahoma state. However, I'm not sure if he was able to do that bc he wasn't previously a college student.

If you're professional in 1 sport, it doesn't make you professional in all sports. You can retire from 1 sport you can play amateur in another. 

Edited by kreed5120