Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

Frye is scheduled for unrestricted free agency.
The Cincinnati Bengals may look at Charlie Frye as a realistic possibility if they decide to sign a veteran quarterback during free agency.

They don't call them the Bungles for nothing....

For all those who complain of the lack of support for Zips athletics...and I think you are one GP1...this post is very revealing.

I am a Blue Dog Democrat who loved JFK. His famous quote was "ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country." Why do I feel that the prevailing thought is now "ask not what you can do for your country - ask what your country can do for you." And that applies to almost everything. Government, Company, University and much more. We want the other guy to pay and be held accountable.

How can you love America but hate Americans?? How can you love Zips athletics but disrespect its athletes/graduates??

Go Charlie...best of luck. Go Zips!!!

Frye is scheduled for unrestricted free agency.
The Cincinnati Bengals may look at Charlie Frye as a realistic possibility if they decide to sign a veteran quarterback during free agency.

They don't call them the Bungles for nothing....

How can you love America but hate Americans?? How can you love Zips athletics but disrespect its athletes/graduates??

Well then. I guess I'll change my tune. Go Bengals! Please sign Charlie so you won't suck as bad.

I'm actually very proud of Charlie. There aren't many people who have legally stolen the amount of money he has. It displays the smarts and know-how of a UofA graduate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The New York Jets likely will not look to re-sign free-agent Jason Taylor once free agency begins. The Jets released Taylor after the season because he was due a $10 million roster bonus.

Domenik Hixon could become the team's top punt returner and kick returner this season if he is able to stay healthy during training camp. Hixon said the torn anterior cruciate ligament he suffered last offseason has completely healed and he expects to be cleared to practice once training camp begins.

The Oakland Raiders may be interested in re-signing impending free-agent Charlie Frye to be their No. 3 quarterback.

Matt Cherry has moved on from his life as a football player and is now focusing on making a film about his life as a football player.

I hate to be critical, as GoZips will jump all over me. :P On the other hand: Synopsis: After several years in the playing professional football, KYLE BISHOP is released from his fourth team in three years and returns to his home town, broke and at a complete loss about what he will do for a living...

Man I hope they can keep the fans from stormin' the ticket windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Recently graduated OL Corey Woods has signed with the Patriots now that the lockout is over. :thumb: Also, Lemon left Winnipeg. That was short.
Word is that he got a text from the head coach that was inadver...

Per Yahoo:

Chase Blackburn has always been a valuable special teams force and insurance at all three linebacker positions; however, last year shoulder and knee injuries took their toll on him, and with the addition of rookies Greg Jones and Jacquian Williams, Blackburn's return looks doubtful.

Domenik Hixon has been cleared to practice, but the team has been managing his workload early in camp to avoid any setbacks.

Reggie Corner made his practice debut after being activated off the physically-unable-to-perform list. He opened camp on the list while recuperating from an undisclosed injury.

Hixon looked really good in last game. I think he's a lock at the #3 WR

Per Yahoo:

Chase Blackburn has always been a valuable special teams force and insurance at all three linebacker positions; however, last year shoulder and knee injuries took their toll on him, and with the addition of rookies Greg Jones and Jacquian Williams, Blackburn's return looks doubtful.

Domenik Hixon has been cleared to practice, but the team has been managing his workload early in camp to avoid any setbacks.

Reggie Corner made his practice debut after being activated off the physically-unable-to-perform list. He opened camp on the list while recuperating from an undisclosed injury.

• 3 weeks later...
Per Yahoo:Chase Blackburn has always been a valuable special teams force and insurance at all three linebacker positions; however, last year shoulder and knee injuries took their toll on him, and with the addition of rookies Greg Jones and Jacquian Williams, Blackburn's return looks doubtful.Domenik Hixon has been cleared to practice, but the team has been managing his workload early in camp to avoid any setbacks.Reggie Corner made his practice debut after being activated off the physically-unable-to-perform list. He opened camp on the list while recuperating from an undisclosed injury.
Blackburn looks to work out for the opening created by the season-ending injury to Jonathan Goff.Hixon is listed as the No. 1 punt returner on the Giants' Week 1 depth chart.Corner hasn't tweeted since being cut by the Bills.Jason Taylor gave kids a shopping spree with $300 each.

Per Yahoo:Chase Blackburn has always been a valuable special teams force and insurance at all three linebacker positions; however, last year shoulder and knee injuries took their toll on him, and with the addition of rookies Greg Jones and Jacquian Williams, Blackburn's return looks doubtful.Domenik Hixon has been cleared to practice, but the team has been managing his workload early in camp to avoid any setbacks.Reggie Corner made his practice debut after being activated off the physically-unable-to-perform list. He opened camp on the list while recuperating from an undisclosed injury.
Blackburn looks to work out for the opening created by the season-ending injury to Jonathan Goff.Hixon is listed as the No. 1 punt returner on the Giants' Week 1 depth chart.Corner hasn't tweeted since being cut by the Bills.Jason Taylor gave kids a shopping spree with $300 each.
It's about time they got Hixon back on returns. He is one of the best in the NFL.