Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

1 hour ago, zzx said:

Looks like the Colts kept Jojo Natson and got rid of Jerome Lane--- Colts roster

Wow that was quick! Especially considering he was signed and not just brought in for a try out. Jerome just can't escape the shadow of Jojo.I wonder if his mom has taken to twitter yet to voice her displeasure.

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

Wow that was quick! Especially considering he was signed and not just brought in for a try out. Jerome just can't escape the shadow of Jojo.I wonder if his mom has taken to twitter yet to voice her displeasure.

My God.  Who gave Jerome the sage advice to leave early?  Turrible.

• Like 2

Jerome did get very bad advice. But let's not forget that he is an adult and he made his own decisions. He now has to live with the consequences. My issue with him turning pro has always been that he did not have a pro's mentality. Let's face it, everybody in the NFL has great talent. Perhaps Jerome did too, but it is attitude that separates those who make it and those who don't. In that area he is deficient and that is the area that holds him back. I hope he returns to complete his degree and I wish him well in his next endeavor. This may be a good learning opportunity with much good to come from it.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 1:47 AM, akronzips71 said:

Since he declared pro in football, can he come back and play for Groce?

I don't know for certain. Weeden played for the Yankees before he played qb at Oklahoma state. However, I'm not sure if he was able to do that bc he wasn't previously a college student.

7 hours ago, zippy_ua_00 said:

I don't know for certain. Weeden played for the Yankees before he played qb at Oklahoma state. However, I'm not sure if he was able to do that bc he wasn't previously a college student.

If you're professional in 1 sport, it doesn't make you professional in all sports. You can retire from 1 sport you can play amateur in another. 

Edited by kreed5120

21 observations from Texans OTAs

"16. After rookie minicamp, the Texans signed free agent cornerback Bryce Jones from Akron. It’s clear why. He’s so quick out of his breaks to the football, breaking on throws in front of him in a blink. He’s definitely got some moxie and transitional quickness."

"17. He also has a lot to learn. He was matched up in press coverage on DeAndre Hopkins 1-on-1 on the outside late in practice. I happened to look up and see him over there and couldn’t wait to see how he handled it. Let’s just say Jones can learn from more matchups with a receiver that’s faced the best in the league. Hop gave Jones a little stutter step move and lost him at the line of scrimmage. That, though, is exactly what the rookie needs every single day to get better."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zzx said:

Akron leads the MAC East division with 10 current NFL payers:

10 -- Akron

8 --- Buffalo

7 --- Kent

6 --- Miami

6 --- Ohio

I remember a time several years ago.  Maybe it was back in the 90's.  Kent was HORRIBLE and barely could win a game every year, but they had the most players in the NFL.  

I sure wish that Volume of NFL Talent On Roster = Best Program in the MAC.  But I know it doesn't work that way.

But still, thanks for sharing.  It's definitely a little fact that we can brag about for awhile.  

11 hours ago, zzx said:

Akron leads the MAC East division with 10 current NFL payers:

10 -- Akron

8 --- Buffalo

7 --- Kent

6 --- Miami

6 --- Ohio

Pretty interesting fact. I would not have guessed that would be the case. Thanks for sharing. Also, we are now technically at 11 with Lane getting signed again.

Edited by LZIp

18 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Pretty interesting fact. I would not have guessed that would be the case. Thanks for sharing. Also, we are now technically at 11 with Lane getting signed again.

Most interesting thing I learned was that Jojo's real name is Bruce. :)

• Like 2