Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jason Taylor listed 1 of the 28 biggest retirees of 2012 on Sports Illustrated's site.

A six-time Pro Bowl defender, Taylor played the final game of his 15-year career on Jan. 1.

The longtime Dolphin and 2006 Defensive Player of the Year finished his career sixth all-time with 139.5 sacks.

• 1 month later...

Link

Former Zips OL coach to Colts. While the lifestyle change from San Diego to Indy will be harsh, it is a great place to go. Indy has good young players and a solid coaching staff that should make them a contender well into the future.

Hunter is an example of the excellent coaches Faust brought in early in his tenure at UofA.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Jason Taylor listed 1 of the 28 biggest retirees of 2012 on Sports Illustrated's site.

A six-time Pro Bowl defender, Taylor played the final game of his 15-year career on Jan. 1.

The longtime Dolphin and 2006 Defensive Player of the Year finished his career sixth all-time with 139.5 sacks.

I turned on CNN tonight, and low and behold, the next stage in the evolution of Jason Taylor showed up on a panel show titled "(Get to) The Point". Only saw the last twenty minutes of the hour, but my advice is unless any publicity is indeed good publicity, Jason needs to be far more discerning about what jobs he takes. Five people (only two at most of whom are likely to be familiar to most viewers) trying to respond to impromptu news and social issues is the making of a cable access reality show. The most memorable line may have been "I'm a vegetarian, but I LOVE bacon". The good news could be that this show is scheduled to last only a week. :D

• 4 weeks later...