Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

• 2 weeks later...

Rodney Coe, back in Seattle, Go Hawks!

Coe had seven tackles including a tackle for a loss in preseason but was not able to secure a final roster spot or a spot on the team's practice squad due to injury. He was waived injured during roster cuts and handed an injury settlement a week later securing his release. Now, the undrafted player out of Akron in 2016 will return; perhaps to help with practice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, zipsoutsider said:

Just wanted to take this off topic for at least one post. I forget what I was listening to a few months ago, but it was an interview with Coney. He said part of the reason he ended up here when he was looking to transfer is because his cousin was here and had good things to say about the program. The cousin was Mr. Coe. I suspect @Cykron is familiar with Mr. Coe. We liked him a lot!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Just wanted to take this off topic for at least one post. I forget what I was listening to a few months ago, but it was an interview with Coney. He said part of the reason he ended up here when he was looking to transfer is because his cousin was here and had good things to say about the program. The cousin was Mr. Coe. I suspect @Cykron is familiar with Mr. Coe. We liked him a lot!

I know Coe was viewed as a game-changing player.  I don't remember the issues, but Coach Rhoads was quite a bit more lenient than Coach Campbell, so it must have been something substantial.  I have a vague recollection of it being teammate issues in which current players didn't like him being able to come in and do what he wanted and move ahead of them on the depth chart.  They may have put pressure on the Coach to do something about it.  Our fan site, CycloneFanatic.com has a 176 post thread discussing his departure.   Glad it worked out so well for him and for you.

Should Jatavis Be on the Field More?

The need to turn to Phillips came when Brown was dealing with a nagging injury. He has been fully healthy for a while, but with the way AP is playing and the return of Denzel Perryman, there has been no need to change what is currently working. It’s a good problem to have when a player like Brown is unable to crack the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

I just saw JoJo return a kick late in the game for the Jets, and run deep for an attempted pass just after that.  I don't know if he saw any earlier action in the game.  

He had a 19 yard reception and handled the punts and kicks. He has caught a couple of other passes this year and has been handling punts and kicks since Thanksgiving.

Edited by zipsoutsider

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...