Zips in the NFL

Dr Z

Good to hear!! Maybe this thread should be renamed Zips in the _FL.

Early on in his career I just couldn't believe how DK kept getting the ball so much...sure he looked fast, but if he brushed against the pinky finger or shoelace of the D-lineman you knew he was going down.

Then something happened. DK completely turned his game around and just started running straight through guys. He got tough and competed with complete confidence. Great to watch.

I put him up right up with Brandon Payne in my all time favorite RB's.

Over Mike Clark, Dennis Brumfield, James Black, Doug Lewis???????????

Never,

LOL who are those guys?

• 1 month later...
Bryan Williams appears on the Marion Mayhem roster of the Continental Indoor Football League.

Jabari Arthur prepares for his first full season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He went under the knife on Oct. 1 and the foot is now about 95% healthy.

Winnipeg has recently released Jabari, but apparently he's back with the Calgary Stampeders already.

Link

• 3 weeks later...
Bryan Williams appears on the Marion Mayhem roster of the Continental Indoor Football League.

Jabari Arthur prepares for his first full season with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He went under the knife on Oct. 1 and the foot is now about 95% healthy.

Winnipeg has recently released Jabari, but apparently he's back with the Calgary Stampeders already.

Link

Jabari makes 1st catch in CFL.

Link

I may be wrong, but this seems to suggest that even with the injury, Frye has the 3rd spot over Kyle Boller.

Whether it's Frye, Taylor, Blackburn or Hixon or whoever....I always get super excited seeing our Zips playing in the NFL.

Charlie Frye hurts wrist, unlikely to play Thursday. Frye aisn't expected to be out for very long.

Frye on Wednesday underwent surgery to repair damage to his right (throwing) wrist. Cable said once Frye rejoins the team, a decision will be made as to how long he will be out of action.

I may be wrong, but this seems to suggest that even with the injury, Frye has the 3rd spot over Kyle Boller.

Whether it's Frye, Taylor, Blackburn or Hixon or whoever....I always get super excited seeing our Zips playing in the NFL.

Charlie Frye hurts wrist, unlikely to play Thursday. Frye aisn't expected to be out for very long.

Frye on Wednesday underwent surgery to repair damage to his right (throwing) wrist. Cable said once Frye rejoins the team, a decision will be made as to how long he will be out of action.

If you can't make the Oakland Raiders roster, what's next, joining Bryan Williams in the Continental Indoor Football League? :P

Reggie Corner had tight end Fred Davis well covered, but gambled in going for the ball and paid the price. It was the Redskins third straight touchdown on a 9-yard pass from quarterback Rex Grossman.

Young holdover Brandon Anderson will get plenty of chances to prove he can handle the third cornerback position in the remaining three preseason games.

Whether it's Frye.........I always get super excited seeing our Zips playing in the NFL.

So does GP1.

It's the thought that some of that money will be going to Ashland University that gets me excited....

If there is any doubt as to how horrible some of the starting QBs in the NFL are, take a look at the list of bums Oakland had in camp competing for the STARTING job. These four guys are an absolute joke.

Frye gets the best of both worlds in this injury. By being placed on IR, he is guaranteed his pay for the season as players on IR can not be cut. He also won't see the field which will prevent other teams from being reminded about what an incompetent he is and next year he can find his way to another team as a back-up based upon the illusion he may know what he is doing because of his experience. The key to being a career back-up in the NFL is not actually ever getting on the field so your team sees how terrible you really are.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MCL sprain. Out 2-4 weeks

Whew....it's bad enough what happened to Hixon.

I got to see the Giants play a preseason game last year...Chase is practically another coach out there.

A fine leader who is a great example on and off the field.

Giants team captain Blackburn "injured the MCL in his right knee in Week 1 and hopes to return this week. Blackburn missed three weeks the last time he hurt the MCL in his right knee, but this time the injury is more stable and rehab could be shorter."