"Humpty" commits to UA

PG depth or log jam?Who starts at point this season? Do we start with dials running the offense? Does Steward step in as the gem recruit? And another unknown commodity, Steve McNees... We've got some depth, and with this guy added to the mix in '08, could we be seeing a transfer? Could McNees play 2 being 6'2 as Dials does? We've got some things to straighten out in the non-conf schedule so that we can repeat as MAC east champs.

This is great news, but did we need another PG? We've now landed the state of Ohio's top PG the last 3 years in a row! 2 years ago it was Darryl Roberts (I'm assuming he's still with the team), last year it was Ronnie Steward and now Humpty?! Well, anyway, this is quite amazing and if it turns out to be a problem, it is definitely a great problem to have!

Not sure why all the hand wringing about a log jam at the point. We just lost a 4 year starter. We've had some nice points over the years .. but this was our first STABLE hold down of the position in a while. We certainly aren't overflowing @ point, even with the Humpty signing. While he does appear a good talent .. he is not rated as highly as Steward .. yet.There are 13 scholi spots .. so if I consider that, I think having 2 top flight pure points makes tons of sense.With 13 scholi spots, I think you isolate about 6 to the guard positions .. at an absolute minimum 5, with a swing man (2 / 3) mixed in.So inside 5 scholi spots, I think you have 2 pure points, and 2 shooters .. and maybe one crossover / combo guy.This year we have: Steward, McNees, Middleton, Dials, and I would argue Conyers as a guard. That's actually 1 pure point (Steward), 3 crossover guys (in our current league) in McNees, Middleton & Dials ... and one big guard not suited to play point .. Conyers.Next year we'll have 2 pure points (Steward & Hitchens), 1 combo (McNees) and one big guard (Conyers). It remains to be seen where B. McKnight fits (2 or 3?) and Roberts is an unknown at this point.If Roberts is in the mix and capable, maybe we'll see Humpty redshirted, which would give us 2 year overlap from Steward to Humpty .. and a really smooth transition at the point, with capable talent ..To me, that's not a logjam .. that's another step in establishing consistency and depth in the program. The thing we all need to realize is this: The days of having 5-6 solid D1 players, with a bunch of role players to fill out the roster are OVER. We're now at the point where our 13 scholi players are *almost* all solid D1 mid-major or higher talents. And we have walkons who had D1 offers.I can't find any way in which this is a bad thing.I wonder .. is there a Burger King in Chillicothe? Must be, right? This has enormous possibilities. B)B) Put 'em on Zips fans!! B)B)

This is great news, but did we need another PG? We've now landed the state of Ohio's top PG the last 3 years in a row! 2 years ago it was Darryl Roberts (I'm assuming he's still with the team), last year it was Ronnie Steward and now Humpty?! Well, anyway, this is quite amazing and if it turns out to be a problem, it is definitely a great problem to have!
It's called reloading instead of rebuilding. In time, I think you'll find the former to be much more preferable than the latter.