Men's Soccer

MightyZip6

So I was at the pre-season game vs CSU yesterday over 80 students/AK-ROWDIES were there and I guess a branch of The ROWDIES is starting to form they call it the "GOAL PATROL" anywho soccer team is looking forward to a LOOOONG season with WINS and Tournament Hopes!!!They beat CSU by the way 3-nilFEAR THE ROO

Excellent! If the majority of the Rowdies present were freshmen that most definitely bodes well for the future! If this keeps up, in 2 years we'll be filling the JAR and rocking InfoCision Stadium! We've gotta turn UA athletic events into THE PLACE TO BE and the Rowdies are a MAJOR key to doing that. Screw being Cleveland's ugly little sister! Akron a bonafide college town? I LOVE THAT!!!

Hallalujah! Goal Patrol? Oh, yeah! Now we're talkin' futbol.For the members of the GP Crew, I will provide your opening night instructions for the New Mexico game in a follow-up addendum on the soccer board. :D Bring your leis and pineapples, it's Gualdarrama night in Akron! :wave:

Hallalujah! Goal Patrol? Oh, yeah! Now we're talkin' futbol.For the members of the GP Crew, I will provide your opening night instructions for the New Mexico game in a follow-up addendum on the soccer board. :D Bring your leis and pineapples, it's Gualdarrama night in Akron! :wave:
What are You Talking about hahaha??

• 9 months later...

"Goal Patrol", both the name and the idea, was started by UConn, circa 2005 or 2006. Anyone taking the name or idea shall be considered unoriginal.Either way, nothing beats UConn's GP. Storrs, CT = the most difficult place to play college soccer in the US, simply because of the fans. Consistently drawing 3,000-4,000 for a normal conference game, about 2,000-2,500 for a non-conference game. Preseason vs. Duke, 7,000+. Had full capacity (8,574), and perhaps close to/upwards of 9,000 due to massive demand for tickets, at Big East Tournament and NCAA Tournament games last season. And this season, people aren't going away. O'Brian White (MAC Hermann Trophy winner in 2007, the only player in UConn history with more than one hat-trick in a career, and he got three in a season, including back-to-back 3-goal performances) leads UConn this season, and they are anchored by a solid and experienced defense after losing only 3 seniors (two of which are getting minutes and scoring in the MLS as rookies: Julius James for Toronto FC, Ryan Cordiero for DC United).Went 17-1 at home in 2007, the only loss coming in the Elite 8 to Virginia Tech. Snow the previous night and 45-degree weather the following afternoon created a slop-fest of a field, eliminating UConn's speed advantage. The field and an early injury to O'Brian White slowed down UConn's most explosive player. Virginia Tech wins 1-0 on a garbage goal. Proceeds to get slaughtered (the horribly insensitive pun was not intended) by eventual-champion Wake Forest in the Final Four.Just saying, watch out for UConn in 2008. Making the run to Frisco, TX, in December. And don't use the Goal Patrol namesake please. Think of something else. Be creative, be inventive, be original.

And don't use the Goal Patrol namesake please. Think of something else. Be creative, be inventive, be original.
This coming from a UCONN Huskie?That's totally different than a Northeastern Huskie?Or a Washington Huskie?Or a Northern Illinois Huskie?You want original? Try The University of Akron Zips :P

"Goal Patrol", both the name and the idea, was started by UConn, circa 2005 or 2006. Anyone taking the name or idea shall be considered unoriginal.
2005 or 2006? It's a pretty simple play on words so it probably existed elsewhere long before that. I'll give you this though, UCONN was the first thing to pop up in a Google search for "'Goal Patrol' soccer" FWIW ;) So did a link for the Juneau, Alaska youth soccer program, though.Looking forward to a good season. :cheers: