Bryan Williams

Class of 82

I know Dennis Kennedy is our tailback, and I'm not saying he shouldn't be. And I know Alex Allen has earned his time, too. But I am really thinking we may have struck gold with Bryan Williams.It's probably a little radical to stick him out at wide receiver (then again, maybe not) when he's been groomed all along as a RB, but isn't there some way to get this guy on the field more? Slot back? Something?I don't know the ins and outs of the specific offense we run or what might fit and what wouldn't. But dang, I sure would like to see that guy more involved. He's as fast as anybody we have.All hail Zippy, the Roo Who Rules! :rock: Eat dirt Brutus, you steaming stool! :nutkick:

seeing him return that kick on the opening kickoff made me sit an think ....david who? But i have heard from a few different people that David Harvey is back in class, and that he may rejoin the team next season. Not sure if it is true, but i would love to see it...since arthur is gone after this year.

seeing him return that kick on the opening kickoff made me sit an think ....david who? But i have heard from a few different people that David Harvey is back in class, and that he may rejoin the team next season. Not sure if it is true, but i would love to see it...since arthur is gone after this year.
He needs to be on the field more. With our lack of gamebreaking speed at WR he brings that into the offense.

I'm gonna throw out a dissenting opinion on DK. I just don't like him running the ball. I don't believe I've ever seen him break a single tackle. I think I could bring him down out there!On the other hand, I love the way both Alex Allen and Bryan Williams run the ball - hard and FAST! I think our top 2 backs should be 1) Williams and 2) Allen.

I'm just happy as heck that we can go 3-deep at the tailback spot.But, for what it's worth, I think Allen is the best. Only time will tell.
Allen is truly a stud. I'm a little biased towards Williams due to the fact that I saw him play in high school. But is there any other team in the MAC that could choose between 2 backs the caliber of Williams and Allen? Those are two Big10 caliber backs, and DK originally signed with OSU out of high school - but in my opinion, he is clearly the 3rd most talented back on the team.

I like all three of our backs. I'd just like to see the best threats we have someplace else than on the sidelines.My hope is that the coaches can find some creative ways to make that happen.As for Harvey, it seems almost unbelieveable he can be back. I'm not against it, and I hope he makes it. But that would be some kind of comeback. I'll tip my cap to the young man if he can actually pull it off.

DK isnt dinged up he just had cramps during the game last week. He is a great back kind of an emmit smith style running back wont break the big play too often but is consistent and tough to bring down. he is fundamentally solid at his position. Are Bryan Williams and Alex Allen more explosive. Yes. Alex Allen is as physical as they come. You know who else is a solid back Joe Tuzze. He is a the strongest person on the team pound for pound without a doubt. I would personally love to see him get more carries.

You know who else is a solid back Joe Tuzze. He is a the strongest person on the team pound for pound without a doubt. I would personally love to see him get more carries.
I thought he had a solid camp, and a great game against Army. Hopefully he can get 4-5 carries/game every week.

I would like to see the Zips do what the Tampa Bay Bucs do when they get inside the 10.Bring in the jumbo package and put Tuzze as the HB. He is a Mike Alstott type of runner.Akron has some big guys on the line to provide a good push and Joe can pound the ball.

:thumb: zzzzzzZips moved the ball best with the 2 back set... it was mostly with a fullback but there is no reason you can't throw Allen and Williams out there at the same time or one of them with Kennedy...match ups for the defense become a problem with that set....but...Jacquemain has to be able to find more than 1 receiver or no set is any good...