Zips @ Indiana Predictions Thread

RowdyZip

We'll just go ahead and get this started looking forward to Saturday. Some friends and I have planned to make the trip up to BW3s on campus to see the game. It'd be nice to see some more Zips folks up there. Shouldnt be any competition as the Buckeyes dont play until 3:30 (where they'll suffer their first defeat at the hands of the Huskies). That being said...Zips 20Hoosiers 16Thoughts?

Rowdy, you just reminded me of something. I went to BW3 on campus last year to watch the Akron/Penn State game. When we got there, the bar was already full of Suckeye fans about to watch the OSU/N. Illinois game. And every television in the place was already turned to the Columbus State game. There was already some other Akron people in there getting ready to watch the game too. I remember us all looking around, and I think we eventually got about 2 of the 20 or so screens turned over to the Akron game. And this happened right in the Zips back yard. What was funny is that every time we cheered a good Akron play, the OSU fans would start looking at us like "what the heck are they yelling about" ?Anyway, I'll never go there again for a Zips game, but I guess if Ohio State is not playing at the same time, you'll be fine. However, they will start rolling in to take the place over before your game is completed. My predicition? - Indiana is too much for us to handle after such a physically demanding game at Ohio State. But, I don't see anyone scoring more than 3 touchdowns on us the rest of the year.Indiana - 20Akron - 12

Ha...yeah, i was there last saturday and it was split pretty evenly between the two schools playing. How about we organize an "official" meeting place so that WE can take over an establishment? It sure would be nice to have a bar full of Zips fans when all the Buckeye fans come rolling in looking for a seat...

Rowdy, you just reminded me of something. I went to BW3 on campus last year to watch the Akron/Penn State game.  When we got there, the bar was already full of Suckeye fans about to watch the OSU/N. Illinois game.  And every television in the place was already turned to the Columbus State game.  There was already some other Akron people in there getting ready to watch the game too.  I remember us all looking around, and I think we eventually got about 2 of the 20 or so screens turned over to the Akron game.
That is A-Freakin-Mazing.I think we need to eminent domain BW3's ass and errect public restrooms in their place. Screw them.Oh yeah, prediction....BTW, my description of how the game would go last week VS tehOSU was pretty close, but my numbers were quite off.I'm still going to predict high this week.Akron 31Indy 24They will come out for 2 quick touchdowns in the first quarter, but our defense will adjust and hold them to just 2 more scores for the rest of the game.Our offense will studder at first, but once we are down a bit, we will start passing down field a bit more and their defenders will lay back 'prevent' style, and we will actually have some scoring drives (OMGWTFBBQ)

The Winking Lizard in Fairlawn has been my choice lately. And you're right, they are a Zip-friendly establishment. Are they still doing our Zips Live broadcasts this season??Now that we get so many road games on TV, that's a GREAT IDEA to try to find a place that's Zip-friendly, and get as many people there as possible.

I really, really, really wish I could pick the Zips to win this one, but I just don't think we have the horses on offense from what I've seen the first two games. I also think we're gonna have some trouble containing Lewis and covering a 6-7 beast like Hardy when they've got other receivers we'll have to be wary of, too. We'll need a pass rush we haven't seen yet and some offense of our own that we haven't seen yet to win this game.Hoosiers 28Zips 12P.S. Dang, I hope I'm wrong... again :wall: ! P.P.S. Of course, on the mascot front, Zippy will dominate utterly... as per usual.

I hope I am wrong. I am going with:IU - 24Akron - 17Another valiant effort comes up short. Also, I don't think IU's offense is better than OSU's. I watched the first half of their game with Western Michigan. The Broncos pretty much self destructed in that one.It is beccoming apparent that the Zips have an upper echelon, BCS defense this year. I expect OSU to score more points against Washington than they did against us. They will also give up more though. As good as our D is, our O looks very week. Brookhart needs to get that thing turned around quickly.

I'm afraid that the obvious strength of this team (the D) could be a little fatigued for this game. I think the offense will improve, particularly the running game, but it won't be enough.Indiana 27Zips 17If for some reason the offense does not show improvement, this could get ugly (I hate to say it). When a team like Indiana (that's been down and roughed up in the Little 11 in recent years) gets an opportunity to lay a whooping on someone, they rarely pass it up.

We need to put together 4 decent quarters of offensive play to give our defense a breather. The D is going to be dinged-up pretty good after such an exhaustive effort in Columbus.I haven't seen our offense put together 3 good quarters, let alone four, in quite some time.Indiana 31Zips 15IU's Hardy tops 200 yards in receiving. IU's QB rushes for 150.I hope I'm wrong.

JD gives offensive coordinator and ass chewing, the offensive coordinator gives the offense an ass chewing, the defense doesn't say anything but their facial expressions say enough. They get it together this week unfortunately for the Hoosiers. Akron 28 - (touchdown a quarter, defense only gives us 3 turnovers this week)Indiana 24 - (3 scores and a field goal off of a zips turnover)

As "good" as Hardy "is" this will be the best secondary he has faced. I also doubt very seriously that the Hoosiers offense is better then OSU's.
If our defense were coming off the Army game instead of the war at OSU, I'd agree with you. But back-to-backs against Big11 opponents...and we aren't talking Northwestern and Illinois...will be tough for our D. Our offense will really need to help them if we're to have any shot at a win.

If this game was at Akron, I'd be even more worried after seeing your defense play their butts off last week against OSU. Man was I pulling for you!I think IU will clean up some of the sloppy play from last week, but Akron will hang around. IU might start to open up the offense a little more this week since I think Akron will seriously challenge. I'm sure the staff would rather wait until the following week's Big 10 opener, but I think we'll need some more creativity and more throws to Hardy this week if we want to put up points.IU 27Akron 17