Frye cut????

zen

I would love to see Frye get cut so he can end up in Atlanta, Miami, or somewhere decent that he can compete for a job. History has shown that Cleveland is the city that kills a qb's career.
Don't bank on Miami as a possible place of employment. Coach Cameron LOVES both Green and Lemon (who he's coached in the past in Washington and San Diego). They also drafted John Beck in the second round this year and seem to like his his potential. No way they carry 4 QBs. ATL might be an option with their situation though.From all indications, looks like Zastudil will be healthy enough to punt this week and they will cut Ernster and carry 4 QBs (for now).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is funny that there was a couple of people that didn't think anyone would want Charlie. In fact, when Quinn was drafted, several teams inquired about him, and the Browns didn't want to let him go at the time.Looking at the Giants' roster of QBs, I can definitely see why they would want him.I'm not really surprised he got traded for a 4th round pick. He's damaged goods now. He's been in Cleveland for 3 years. :rolleyes:This is a sad day, in a way. I wanted to see him play in Cleveland, but the situation was hopeless. The fact that the team wasn't getting any better was one factor, but then the drafting of Quinn pretty much sealed his fate. Cleveland has made quite a few good QBs look bad since 1999. So, he's better off somewhere else.

It is funny that there was a couple of people that didn't think anyone would want Charlie.
It is funny that is is often the same people who called talk shows screaming "If the Browns want to be a contender next year, they GOTTA draft Troy Smith in the first round and get Pittman (cut by New Orleans) in the second round!" :lol:

One can only hope the line of questioning at the press conference goes like this:reporter -- Why did you trade Charlie?Savage -- Charlie hasn't gotten any better in the three years he's been here.reporter -- Can you explain to us why Romeo is still coaching this team then? He seems to have not gotten better and you can make the argument he has regressed.Savage -- :blink:

Well Big Zip, that would be funny.But, I guess it's pretty safe to say that not too many players have flourished in their time in Cleveland, because we are pretty much in the same boat that we were in 8 years ago. How many more times can we stand to hear "we are rebuilding"? :rolleyes: I wish I could find a confirmation of the Frye trade somewhere.

Good for Charlie. I hope he gets a chance to prove himself in Seattle. Anything is better than being the scapegoat in Cleveland like the other 15 qb's we have had since this franchise has returned. The idiots in the stands were blaming Frye for the td's Pittsburgh was scoring in the 2nd half. I kid you not. They hate the guy more than any player I have ever seen, so let him go somewhere else. I used to love the Browns, but their moron fans are starting to make me root against them. They will turn on Quinn in 8 weeks if he isn't Dan Marino.

Zen obviously didn't see what Cleveland received in the trade.
a highschool QB?oh, no, a draftpick? OMG! To read your posts, I would have thought the browns would have just cut him outright and he would have withered into obscurity because no one would have ever wanted him....:rolleyes:

Not "a" draft pick... a 6th round draft pick. And there was plenty of speculation yesterday that he was going to be granted his outright release. (Being traded for a 6th round pick is pretty much the same thing as getting released anyway).
and I was speculating yesterday that if he was cut, there would have been multiple teams talking to him. The browns realized that, and decided to get something for him. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.But again, I reiterate, one only has to go back and read your posts to believe, in all your wisdom, that Charlie should be collecting unemployment today.

Frye traded to SeattleSounds like the deal is done but to Seattle ?
The Seahawks have been in the market for a backup quarterback, which will free them up to use Seneca Wallace in other positions around the field.I watched a few Seattle preseason games and this was a hot topic in Seattle. I wonder if Seneca is okay with this.