Frye wearing the 5 again!

Big Zip

PlayersNo Player Pos Ht Wt Age Exp College 37 Shaun Alexander RB 5-11 228 30 8 Alabama 68 Tom Ashworth T 6-6 306 29 7 Colorado 98 Baraka Atkins DE 6-4 268 22 R Miami 52 Jason Babin DE 6-3 267 27 4 Western Michigan 27 Jordan Babineaux FS 6-0 206 25 4 Southern Arkansas 57 Kevin Bentley OLB 6-0 238 27 6 Northwestern 99 Rocky Bernard DT 6-3 308 28 6 Texas A&M 83 Deion Branch WR 5-9 192 28 6 Louisville 3 Josh Brown K 6-0 212 28 5 Nebraska 81 Nate Burleson WR 6-0 198 26 5 Nevada 91 Chuck Darby DT 6-0 297 31 7 South Carolina State 84 Bobby Engram WR 5-10 192 34 12 Penn State 5 Charlie Frye QB 6-4 217 26 3 Akron :thumb:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope that Charlie is up to speed by the time the SeaHawks play the Clowns.And that Charlie is allowed to burn them in a few offensive series.Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel and Brady Quinn did more to turn my stomach andmake me an anti-Brown than all the miserable years of losing ever could.Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan. My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.

Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel and Brady Quinn did more to turn my stomach andmake me an anti-Brown than all the miserable years of losing ever could.Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan.  My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.
I was just about to agree with you, then you started with the steelers thing. I will NEVER do that. ever! :rofl::nono::nono:

I'm really happy for Charlie. It's really a shame the way that all of this had to go down for him, but he's really going to benefit from being a part of a stable franchise and I'm sure that he will develop more with the Seahawks even holding a clipboard than he would have getting his head bashed in with the Frowns. We all know how good he is from his time with the Zips and I'm confident that he'll manage to snag some playing time in the future. If I were the Browns, I'd start measuring Quinn for a coffin before they decide to throw him in there.

I just hope that Charlie is up to speed by the time the SeaHawks play the Clowns.And that Charlie is allowed to burn them in a few offensive series.Phil Savage, Romeo Crennel and Brady Quinn did more to turn my stomach andmake me an anti-Brown than all the miserable years of losing ever could.Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan. My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.
Where does Matt Hasselbeck play into your scenario????

He'll look good holding that clipboard :thumb:
I can think of worse ways to make a million dollars. Derek Anderson's gonna get the snot beat out of him for less than 1/2 that salary.
No...Derek Anderson actually gets rid of the ball. Charlie will probably still find a way to get sacked on the sidelines.

No...Derek Anderson actually gets rid of the ball. Charlie will probably still find a way to get sacked on the sidelines.
True but DA might get hurt tackling one of the players who intercepts him.
Haha you guys are hilarious. It is the perfect situation for those who won't accept the reality of Charlie Frye:1) Derek Anderson will probably struggle until Quinn is ready (Anderson isn't very good either...which says a lot about Frye to me)2) Charlie will never start in Seattle...so you'll always be able to go with the ol' "Well, if he ever got a chance..." argument :thumb:

Frye now has a situation favorable to him, like every young QB should have.Not only did he never have a veteran mentor in Cleveland, but he actually was playing the role of mentor himself to younger QBs. It was a situation built for failure, and many experts have already indicated just that.So, the Browns solve that problem by bringing in Ken Dorsey as a "veteran mentor"? It's really laughable. In analyzing our new starter by default, D. Anderson, the ABJ clearly indicated on Monday (something anyone watching the game saw) that he had about 5 more throws that were in the hands of Steelers defenders that should have been intercepted. And he already had a fumble and intercetion to begin with. And he really has no excuse. I believe Anderson ended up with more throws than any of the Browns' QBs during the exhibition game. Plus, if you recall, Anderson threw almost as many interceptions as completions in the last game he played in, the shutout loss to Tampa Bay. I don't care how much faster he's getting rid of the ball, he's proven time and time again that he's not a good decision maker, or an accurate passer. And his lack of mobility complicates the situation even further. Anyone remember the ONLY time we beat a NFC North opponent in the last few seasons? It was a game agaisnt the Baltimore Ravens, with Charlie Frye at the helm. Charlie was ahead of DA for 2 years on the depth chart for a reason. DA is simply the QB by default at this point, as a result of the Frye trade.

to add to skip-zip: Charlie is now where he should have been 3 years ago; in a backup role learning from a real coach and a real veteran QB. Yes, he will play little, which once again is what should have been happening all along in Cleveland. I don't think any of us expected him to step right in and be a star QB. I personally thought that after 2 or 3 years as a backup he could make a strong push to be the starter, however the inept Browns panicked and shoved him into the starters role. Even the Charlie "realists" on this board should be able to see this pattern repeating itself over and over with the Browns.