Frye wearing the 5 again!

Big Zip

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll look good holding that clipboard :thumb:
I can think of worse ways to make a million dollars. Derek Anderson's gonna get the snot beat out of him for less than 1/2 that salary.
No...Derek Anderson actually gets rid of the ball. Charlie will probably still find a way to get sacked on the sidelines.
sgm, You are hilarious. DA will get rid of the ball, right to a Cinci defensive back, or the shoe laces of a Browns Receiver. Then after weeks of the same thing, sack, incomplete pass, interception Savage will say.."Quinn is now ready." He will get canned by what ever team he plays, and say that he was just earning his stripes. Then the rest of the season Quinn will look like Tom Tupa and at the end of the year Quinn will show his true egotistical colors saying the team isn't good enough for him to show his true ability.If Chicago can win with Grossman, you obviously don't need a "great" QB to be a succesful team.

He'll look good holding that clipboard :thumb:
I can think of worse ways to make a million dollars. Derek Anderson's gonna get the snot beat out of him for less than 1/2 that salary.
No...Derek Anderson actually gets rid of the ball. Charlie will probably still find a way to get sacked on the sidelines.
sgm, You are hilarious. DA will get rid of the ball, right to a Cinci defensive back, or the shoe laces of a Browns Receiver. Then after weeks of the same thing, sack, incomplete pass, interception Savage will say.."Quinn is now ready." He will get canned by what ever team he plays, and say that he was just earning his stripes. Then the rest of the season Quinn will look like Tom Tupa and at the end of the year Quinn will show his true egotistical colors saying the team isn't good enough for him to show his true ability.If Chicago can win with Grossman, you obviously don't need a "great" QB to be a succesful team.
What exactly did the Bears win? With one of the best defenses in recent memory, they still came up short...why? A big part of that was Rex Grossman...who by the way, is much better than Frye.

Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan. My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.
Just wait one damn minute Go Zips!So many Browns fans have become Steelers fans that we now have a wait list. Zip fan or not, there is no automatic entrance. No cutting in line.

QUOTE (GoZips @ Sep 12 2007, 01:28 PM) Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan. My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.  Just wait one damn minute Go Zips!So many Browns fans have become Steelers fans that we now have a wait list. Zip fan or not, there is no automatic entrance. No cutting in line.
Finally, the voice of reason speaks. I just want to know why all those Steeler fans in NE Ohio don't also follow the Buccos.

QUOTE (GoZips @ Sep 12 2007, 01:28 PM) Move over GP1, I am now a Steelers fan. My close friend, a life long Steelersfan, and a big Charlie supporter has finally won me over.  Just wait one damn minute Go Zips!So many Browns fans have become Steelers fans that we now have a wait list. Zip fan or not, there is no automatic entrance. No cutting in line.
Finally, the voice of reason speaks. I just want to know why all those Steeler fans in NE Ohio don't also follow the Buccos.
Pittsburgh still has a baseball team? :lol:

http://www.fanballnews.com/player_notes/nfl/5723"Seahawks: Frye added via trade Tuesday 9/11, 12:21 PM CTThe Seahawks acquired quarterback Charlie Frye from the Browns via trade on Tuesday, according to ESPN. What the Cleveland received in exchange for Frye is still unknown.Our View: It is unlikely the Seahawks gave up much in return since they already had an adequate backup on the roster in Seneca Wallace, who they even signed to a contract extension this summer. Frye will be on the bottom of the depth chart for now and serve as the Seahawks' emergency quarterback on game days."

Pittsburgh still has a baseball team? :lol:
Sort of......I'm just sort of numb to the whole team now. I try to watch, but it's like watching the Little League World Series.

http://www.fanballnews.com/player_notes/nfl/5723"Seahawks: Frye added via trade Tuesday 9/11, 12:21 PM CTThe Seahawks acquired quarterback Charlie Frye from the Browns via trade on Tuesday, according to ESPN. What the Cleveland received in exchange for Frye is still unknown.Our View: It is unlikely the Seahawks gave up much in return since they already had an adequate backup on the roster in Seneca Wallace, who they even signed to a contract extension this summer. Frye will be on the bottom of the depth chart for now and serve as the Seahawks' emergency quarterback on game days."
Frye will be the #2 QB in Seattle by mid season. Two reasons. First, Wallace will be playing WR by then. Second, I think Wallace is in his fourth year. if so, he could be a free agent at the end of the year. Frye still has one year left on his contract and Seattle probably does not want to eat the cap hit. Frye makes too much money not to use him as #2.....especially next season.

Frye will be the #2 QB in Seattle by mid season. Two reasons. First, Wallace will be playing WR by then. Second, I think Wallace is in his fourth year. if so, he could be a free agent at the end of the year. Frye still has one year left on his contract and Seattle probably does not want to eat the cap hit. Frye makes too much money not to use him as #2.....especially next season.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/328498_hawk22.htmlWallace just signed an extension through 2010. Frye is the #3, emergency QB. And I think the only way that changes is an injury happening to Hasselbeck or Wallace.

What exactly did the Bears win? With one of the best defenses in recent memory, they still came up short...why? A big part of that was Rex Grossman...who by the way, is much better than Frye.
The NFC Championship, their division oh and games. I think any Browns fan would settle for that right now. They are still winners.And you need to give it up, no one here respects your humble opinions and "insight". Also if you think that Rex Grossman is "better than" Frye then someone needs to turn you in to the authorities because you are growing some good stuff in your basement. I don't need facts to substantiate that argument. It's common knowledge, look at the weapons around Grossman, and the O-line, and notice he struggles something fierce.

Frye is the #3, emergency QB. And I think the only way that changes is an injury happening to Hasselbeck or Wallace.
He comes in as # 3 because he doesn't know anything about the system. Seattle runs their program the right way. Developing players and not just tossing them (ala Cleveland) to the dogs after they have a 60% grasp of a system.You are such a tool.

Sounds like you are softening your stance on your man Charlie. LOL. If Frye does indeed make a mil per year, he better catch on quick or he will be gone at the end of the year.

Sounds like you are softening your stance on your man Charlie. LOL. If Frye does indeed make a mil per year, he better catch on quick or he will be gone at the end of the year.
Good point and I normally would agree, but from what I saw last Sunday out of NFL QBs, there is no reason to think Frye can not stay on with Seattle. The first thing he should do if he wants to stay on is renegotiate his contract down to a level of #3 with performance clauses in case he makes it to #2 and actually gets to play. If his salary is too high, he stands a much better chance of getting cut. He could be Seattle's Brian St. Pierre. That stiff has been the #3 in Pittsburgh for a long time now. Making the league minimum is much more than he would make on the outside working a real job like us hacks work. I would still like to know if Cleveland is picking up part of his salary. Frye should rent and not buy in Seattle though.The NFL is littered with bad QBs drawing a paycheck and this trend is moving quickly in the wrong direction. There is no reason to believe Frye can't continue to draw one as well. What in the Hell is happening to the NFL?Just for clarification, my main arguments against Frye remain the same:1. Doesn't have the tools, either physically or intellectually, to be an even average QB.2. Doesn't win or do things to help his team win because of his style of play.Quick Seattle joke: How do you know when the sun is out in Seattle?.................................................................The rain is warm.

He could be Seattle's Brian St. Pierre.  That stiff has been the #3 in Pittsburgh for a long time now.  Making the league minimum is much more than he would make on the outside working a real job like us hacks work.  I would still like to know if Cleveland is picking up part of his salary.  Frye should rent and not buy in Seattle though.
Comparing Charlie Frye to a guy who has 1 pass attempt in the 5 years that he's played in the league as a 3rd and even 4th stringer is just ridiculous.Frye's situation in Seattle couldn't be better...he now has a chance to learn from a veteran QB with playoff experience and one of the best QB coaches in the league (Jim Zorn). This is something he never had the chance to get in Cleveland. Even if he doesn't stay with the Seahawks past this year, my guess is that he learns more in a couple of weeks than he did in his tenure with the Clowns.

Comparing Charlie Frye to a guy who has 1 pass attempt in the 5 years that he's played in the league as a 3rd and even 4th stringer is just ridiculous.
I can't think of a single NFL team other than Cleveland Frye could have started for the past three years. There are a few teams where he would have been cut by now. Playing for Cleveland may have been the best shot the guy ever had to prove himself.As far as Jim Zorn, all he can do is coach. He can't play. Frye needs to prove that he belongs in the NFL. You make it sound like Zorn's job is to develop a #3 into a starter. Zorn may not even know the name yet of his new emergency QB. Probably as we type, Frye is running the scout team for Seattle trying to help get the defense ready for Sunday.Locker rooms can be cruel places. I'm sure Charlie has had his balls busted quite a few times this week in ways that make what I type about him seem like compliments. These players are the perfect combination of mean and stupid, and they will say whatever they are thinking. Don't think for a second that the other players don't know he is the first QB ever to start opening day and then get traded the folling week.There is something all of you need to understand......listen closely. Charlie Frye will NEVER be hired to be the starter for another NFL team. His career is on life support right now in Seattle. The best he can ever hope for is to be a career back-up. Charlie needs to save Charlie. Nothing is going to be handed to him again. There is no shame for Frye in being a career back-up either. Again, it's better than getting a real job and it pays a heck of a lot more.

There is something all of you need to understand......listen closely.  Charlie Frye will NEVER be hired to be the starter for another NFL team.  His career is on life support right now in Seattle.  The best he can ever hope for is to be a career back-up.  Charlie needs to save Charlie.  Nothing is going to be handed to him again.  There is no shame for Frye in being a career back-up either.  Again, it's better than getting a real job and it pays a heck of a lot more.
It's just your opinion (and it sux)... listen closely, yo...Time will prove you wrong... You can speak like you are some sorta expert, but that doesn't make you right.

You make it sound like Zorn's job is to develop a #3 into a starter. Zorn may not even know the name yet of his new emergency QB.
I don't know where you've ever worked (nor do I care), but if the person I reported to didn't know my name on the first day, I would quit. This is an NFL organization. You forget that the Seahawks traded for him, he wasn't placed on their team by the Browns...I think they know who he is.And, by the way, the job of the quarterbacks coach is to coach the quarterbacks (not just the starter).True that Charlie will have to earn a starting job, but he has a much better chance of succeeding somewhere other than Cleveland. To say that he has no shot at ever being a starting QB in the league would be selling him short.

There is something all of you need to understand......listen closely.  Charlie Frye will NEVER be hired to be the starter for another NFL team.  His career is on life support right now in Seattle.  The best he can ever hope for is to be a career back-up.  Charlie needs to save Charlie.  Nothing is going to be handed to him again.  There is no shame for Frye in being a career back-up either.  Again, it's better than getting a real job and it pays a heck of a lot more.
It's just your opinion (and it sux)... listen closely, yo...Time will prove you wrong... You can speak like you are some sorta expert, but that doesn't make you right.
Actually, time is proving me correct.

Actually, time is proving me correct.
Wow, I missed that kewl trick you did with the crystal ball where you saw Frye wallow in obscurity as a backup for 10 years. :rolleyes:5 days ago, you guys were predicting that he would get cut and no one would even want him