Radio Coverage

Many people have posted thoughts in the past about our radio team .. specifically the color guy & his blinding love for our Zippers. I'm in the camp that sort of longs for the days where Frenchie flew solo .. whatever, bad basketball doesn't deserve great coverage.

However .. I didn't realize how good we have it.

Moments after the end of the UA / Marshall game, I flipped the dial over to WNIR to catch the end of the Can't State choke job against Miami. All I can say is that I look forward to reading an article in the paper about how the game ended, because I have absolutely no idea what happened on the court at the end of the game. Needle is ridiculous! I can't believe that's their radio coverage .. aren't you supposed to understand what's going on on the court when you listen to games??? This guy is unbelievable. Can't State fans must be in hell when the flushes are on the road.

My heartfelt apologies to Joe Dunn for any past criticisms of his work. Keep up the great job Joe!

ZW..............

I'm with you, just for the record. I don't think Steve and Joe are that bad.......oops, I mean they're pretty good.............comparitively...........

However, Frenchy needs to get a fresh pair of specs B) for football...........he kills me on his calls off the gridiron :P

ILFSITF (still)

IJDWT

UAM doesn't need to waste his valuable time trying to improve on his radio team......except for the guy who moderates the Tueaday night call in show......what's his name? Whatley or something ;)

Flush the bball staff and start over!

Guest CK @ Home

Bill Needle is HORRIBLE! The guy preceeding him...Steve "HE EYE'S IT, HE TRIES IT, HE BUYS IT!" Seffner might have been worse, but in a different way.

Dunn wouldn't be so bad if the Zips were good. The "homer" announcer that gives excuses for every loss and eternal optimism gets REALLY frustrating when you (the fan) know the guy is just "spinning." Give me someone who "tells it like it is" over a shill anytime. IF the Zips were good, and all Dunn did was gush and fawn over the coaches and players...it wouldn't be nearly as annoying.

I agree with Z-P on French. He frequently mixes up player names and numbers. The depressed "here we go again...." phrase, used every time we've fallen behind, seems to have left his repitoire? That's nice.

I like Frenchy's hoops call.