Winners Win, Losers Lose

GP1

Great win tonight. While I think we have a good team and will contend for the MAC East, I'm shocked we were able to win a game when it was the second road game in a row. Statistically very difficult to do.Normally, the butt monkeys come in after a loss and say things like "where is this program now?" and then go onto tell everyone how this program has gone nowhere under JD. I would like to answer that question after a win. We now have a program that can win close games as far back as the MACC. There is no way that this program wins a game like tonight prior to JD. Prior to JD, the WMU would have scored 38 and we would have had 35.Has this program turned a corner where we can now count on them to win close games whether it is a low scoring game or a high scoring game? I think we have. Perhaps the players are getting used to winning. I don't think there has ever been a time since 1987 when we could say that. No more players crying in locker rooms...no more coaches crying in post game radio interviews...no more of any of that nonsense. Attitude means a lot and this team may have the right attitude.This was a huge win for the program. Someone mentioned Akron plays Temple next week. 4-3 (2-0) looks good. I 'd like to know the last time Temple has beaten two I-A teams in a row? More importantly, when is the last time they won a road game?By the way, how about that special teams coach?Go Zips!!!! :CK_brew::CK_brew: Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

gp 1 if you dont not think temple can beat us then look at the mac scores.no team in this conference cannot be beat by another team.temple lost to uconn on the last play of the game and won last week.if the zips take this game lightly they will get beat.buffalo also drilled ou today.cmu drilled ball state.this is the same cmu team that got drilled by 1 aa team.every game from here on out is going to be a dogfight.

I will not resort to name calling, as does GP1, if someone disagrees with me. I will gladly say that I was happy we won this game, and give credit to the special teams coach for calling that last play. Have we turned the corner? I don't know, but I hope so. We still have a few more games left, and as we have seen, anything is possible in the MAC this year!

I will not resort to name calling, as does GP1, if someone disagrees with me. I will gladly say that I was happy we won this game, and give credit to the special teams coach for calling that last play. Have we turned the corner? I don't know, but I hope so. We still have a few more games left, and as we have seen, anything is possible in the MAC this year!
Even I've had my share of butt monkey posts uafan. We all have them. The point is that if the shoe fits.......

Who is the special teams coach? Unless I have been misinformed, JD Brookhart is handling the special teams this season.

I honestly think that this win was a game that showed who we are. We still have a shaky offense and a tiring defense, but we dont give up. Who knows we may be on the verge of winning another MAC championship, we may not be. The MAC is unpredictable (except Can't State of course who always sucks same with OU) and teams could jump up and surprise people. :cheers::champs::screwks: