UA and CSU Merger???

On 1/27/2022 at 4:06 PM, Blue & Gold said:

Good. Of you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. The quality of education at UofA dwarfs CSU, KSU and YSU. Hopefully this moronic talk of mergers ends before someone does something really stupid. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/education/cleveland-state-university-in-discussions-absorbing-notre-dame-college/95-9457796b-e789-4699-aae7-318369fdb8c0

Thought I’d resurrect this discussion to add to the pile of why this merger is unlikely to ever happen. Cleveland State could potentially eat a (very small) college soon instead of being eaten by someone else.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, ZipCat said:

If you earnestly think that's true...I have a bridge to sell you.

Let me rephrase for better clarity. The quality of education at UofA dwarfs that of CSU, KSU and YSU combined. 

4 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Let me rephrase for better clarity. The quality of education at UofA dwarfs that of CSU, KSU and YSU combined. 

I still have a bridge to sell you...

I'm a diehard Akronite, but I'm under no delusion that this is a true statement.

13 minutes ago, ZipCat said:

I still have a bridge to sell you...

I'm a diehard Akronite, but I'm under no delusion that this is a true statement.

I'll express as a math equation then. 

Quality of education measured on a scale 0-10 with zero being the worst. The equation is:

(YSU + CSU) x KSU = (1 + 1) x 0

I have friends who have attended all of these schools and received quality educations.  As a graduate of UA, I wish the education I received was substantially better but there's really little or no objective evidence to support this conclusion.   Where there are areas where a school is better than the others, it is program specific (e.g. Akron and engineering) as opposed to across the board quality of education.

These schools need not merge but need to look to areas of consolidation and cooperation where they can save money, such as supplies, human resources...

• Like 2