Beat The Chips!!!

mollautt

=>Weird game last night. I find it fitting that the only score was a defensive score. I would not call it a great game, but it was a hard fought one. D@mn thing of it, I left my seat just once to use the head. It was midway through the 4th quarter and Miami has just punted. Just as I walk out the restroom, I hear the crowd roar. I missed the only score of the game!If any team could have had a game like that, it was Miami. We lead the MAC is scoring defense (23.6ppg, 15.3 in MAC games only), but are 11th in the MAC is scoring offense (19.2ppg, 22.7 in MAC games only). So low scoring games are the norm...but not that low scoring.******Did you all enjoy the Miami infomercial last night? There will be a Cradle of Coaches exam for you all this afternoon. Since I was at the game among the tens of fans in attendance, I was not able to see it. But from what I read on Miamihawktalk.com, it was an ESPN-Miami lovefest. I am glad I Tivo'd it and will watch in tonight (along with the Xavier bball game).******Hopefully Miami will be playing the MACC (need to beat OU or have UB to lose 1 of their last 2). So can y'all wear the Chips out for us? ;)

=>Weird game last night. I find it fitting that the only score was a defensive score. I would not call it a great game, but it was a hard fought one. D@mn thing of it, I left my seat just once to use the head. It was midway through the 4th quarter and Miami has just punted. Just as I walk out the restroom, I hear the crowd roar. I missed the only score of the game!If any team could have had a game like that, it was Miami. We lead the MAC is scoring defense (23.6ppg, 15.3 in MAC games only), but are 11th in the MAC is scoring offense (19.2ppg, 22.7 in MAC games only). So low scoring games are the norm...but not that low scoring.******Did you all enjoy the Miami infomercial last night? There will be a Cradle of Coaches exam for you all this afternoon. Since I was at the game among the tens of fans in attendance, I was not able to see it. But from what I read on Miamihawktalk.com, it was an ESPN-Miami lovefest. I am glad I Tivo'd it and will watch in tonight (along with the Xavier bball game).******Hopefully Miami will be playing the MACC (need to beat OU or have UB to lose 1 of their last 2). So can y'all wear the Chips out for us? ;)
7-0 -- Does Charlie Coles coach your football team too?

:rolleyes:It's why I don't get hot and bothered over the capital one mascot thinger. It's fun, I suppose, but if you gotta hang your hat on a mascot, or on being ancient history "craddle of coaches", it's just not anything to get too rowdy about.
=>I have always joked that the Miami "Cradle of Coaches" should be renamed Miami "Cradle of Coaches Who Became Famous Somewhere Else."That said, the C of C thing is something any school would be proud of.