Merry Christmas

zip81

Merry Christmas, all! It's been a good year in Zips athletics...and 08 is going to start out on a high note with a talented basketball squad. We'll be breaking ground on a brand new stadium and the football team is just a few pieces away from having an exciting (hopefully) last season at the rubber bowl. It's been nice to meet a few folks from the 'nation and talk Zips with 'em before and during games. Here's to a great 07 and and even greater 08. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a happy new year to you and yours, Zipsnation!GO ZIPS!

Thanks Don and the rest of the oldies, rowdies and general zipsfan. Although there shouldn't be anyone who's left out. If you're not a rowdy, you should be an oldy right?what are you oldies waiting for?Don, do you have a count of how many signed up oldies we currently have?Do we have a sign up table at the bball games?

Thanks Don and the rest of the oldies, rowdies and general zipsfan. Although there shouldn't be anyone who's left out. If you're not a rowdy, you should be an oldy right?what are you oldies waiting for?Don, do you have a count of how many signed up oldies we currently have?Do we have a sign up table at the bball games?
Hi:We end the year with exactly 50 members.To be honest, I thought we'd have a lot more.We had a table at the Youngstown game. Only 3 signed up. We're going to have tables at more games...they'll have to be weekend games, unless someone wants to staff the table. I can't make it down from work fast enough for a weeknight game.The Athletic Department has been very helpful to us.We now have three great looking banners...donated by an Alumni who owns a banner company.We crawl before we walk. Right now we're crawling. :wave:

Sounds good for a beginning.I will be in Akron this saturday, i can help manning the sign up table.For all of you unsigned oldies reading this, look for the table in the UIC game.I think that the oldies should have their own arrangements. Like if we have an e-mail list, We can send emails to all members before games so that we all meet somewhere (like BW3) before the games and arrange to sit together during the games etc...

Seems to me that the issue with Oldies sitting together is that some of the rich B) ones have season tickets in the reserved section, whereas us poor ;) (or maybe we're just cheap) Oldies sit in general admission. It would be nice to sit in a designated spot, but those who are season ticket holders shouldn't have to give up good seats. I'm not a big BB fan, but I'll be there this Saturday against Miami and for the Can't State game(s). I would not mind sitting near the rowdies, since I like to cheer and make noise, but I'm past the stage where I jump around and make an @$$ out of myself. Any chance we can get on the floor by the rowdies? If not, I vote that we sit in Upper GA behind the opponents bench (Section 8).Oh, I don't know if I can make it to BW3 before the game...I'm pretty busy with family, school, work and all, so Akron events get put on the back burner quite often.

If the Student section looks a bit empty on Saturday, maybe you guys can come down and help us out. That is, if it is allowed. Try to find out, because I sure won't complain if we were all able to cheer together in the same sections.
I will contact the Athletic Department this week. If it's a go, we'll send out an e-mail to the Oldie membership and post on the boards.Seems to me that you have to buy at least a GA ticket to get in. If you're wearing an Oldie shirt...why not let them sit with the Rowdies...right?Only thing is that they'd have to let our kids sit with us...you can see how this becomes complicated. How's the language down in the Rowdie section anyway? If you get my drift.Thanks and Happy New Year.