CSTV Video

unZIPped

this team does just enough to lose...they spoil a great effort on boneheaded plays
You people amaze me. Your team just took the #20 team in the nation to double overtime and you're basically calling them losers. There were several players on this team that had outstanding games tonight. Granted, the last second plays were not good (they never seem to be), but Akron played a hell of a game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this team does just enough to lose...they spoil a great effort on boneheaded plays
You people amaze me. Your team just took the #20 team in the nation to double overtime and you're basically calling them losers. There were several players on this team that had outstanding games tonight. Granted, the last second plays were not good (they never seem to be), but Akron played a hell of a game.
They are not losers at all. They have the potential to be the 2008 MAC champions, but I can say that about three other MAC teams. Some of the mistakes that are made in crunch time can and will cost us in Cleveland. We cut it close versus Nevada last year......and nobody cared that we went wire to wire versus a ranked team. It is frustrating to lose games like this that could put us on the map all the time.

Why do you slam the ball off the backboard on the intentional FT miss and give it to your opponent instead of play it off the rim and try for the putback?We didn't have a good possession at the end of OT1 either. What up coach?
He was trying to hit the rim, and obviously missed.
No he wasn't, he rifled a line drive right at the backboard. He hardly ever misses a FT, you mean he couldn't arc it up there just off center and hit the rim? I think he didn't know any better, which is on the coach.

I agree .... great effort, great game, proud to be a ZIP .............

Why do you slam the ball off the backboard on the intentional FT miss and give it to your opponent instead of play it off the rim and try for the putback?We didn't have a good possession at the end of OT1 either. What up coach?
No he wasn't, he rifled a line drive right at the backboard. He hardly ever misses a FT, you mean he couldn't arc it up there just off center and hit the rim? I think he didn't know any better, which is on the coach.
With the new rule about only have 2 offense players on the lane on a FT, I would think that it would be better for something moving fast, creating a chance for the ball to skip out past the FT line than something soft, making it a 4 on 2 chance for the rebound

This game should be in triple OT right now. Can someone please explain why Dials wasn't awarded three free throws? Clearly he was shooting the ball. That was a bonehead call if I've ever seen one. Regardless, great effort by the Zips. Time to get ready for Miami.
Two words: Lamar Simpson

With the new rule about only have 2 offense players on the lane on a FT, I would think that it would be better for something moving fast, creating a chance for the ball to skip out past the FT line than something soft, making it a 4 on 2 chance for the rebound
You don't need a rebound, just a couple fingers up high to tip it back. Bank the ball softly off the side of the rim up into the air and give your guys a chance to outjump the opponents.

3 - I am very interested to hear what the explanation was about the foul on Dials at the end?
My guess is he called the bump when dials caught the ball, Dials continued to shoot as the whistle blew, and the home town clock operator had a slow finger. Too many blown chances to hang this on one bad play.

I was at the game, and I don't think there was a 'bump' call. Nick dribbled twice, and was in the air when the guy slammed into him. I was surrounded by UD fans, and all of them were crapping their pants because they new another overtime was coming after Nick was getting 3 more shots. None of them could believe that they called it a two shot foul. These are the same fans that thought ALL of the calls against UD were bad calls throughout the game.