Miami - Why are they called "The Sweaters"?

Marty McFly

I have seen on here more than a couple of times that UA fans refer to Miami as "The Sweaters"Looking for the reason(s) why...
I am not sure .... could it be that the way the team plays basketball they are always "sweating out" close games?

On a slight tangent....I just received a Zipmail today and it contained absolutely nothing about the game. Shouldn't this be mentioned? Afterall, this mail goes to EVERY student and faculty account. Anyone have any idea how/if we can get another one out before tomorrow?

On a slight tangent....I just received a Zipmail today and it contained absolutely nothing about the game. Shouldn't this be mentioned? Afterall, this mail goes to EVERY student and faculty account. Anyone have any idea how/if we can get another one out before tomorrow?
As i listened to WNIR today, i heard the voice of the ZIPS mention the BIG Game............ but only the BIG game he was refering to was the OSU and LSU football game. I heard it mentioned at least 10 times, and only once did i hear anything about the real BIG game, the Zips against the Pinkhawks of Miami on Saturday. Maybe he could have given them a few plugs during his show today, or yesterday, or even wednesday...... he is after all the voice of the Zips, not OSU!

As i listened to WNIR today, i heard the voice of the ZIPS mention the BIG Game............ but only the BIG game he was refering to was the OSU and LSU football game. I heard it mentioned at least 10 times, and only once did i hear anything about the real BIG game, the Zips against the Pinkhawks of Miami on Saturday. Maybe he could have given them a few plugs during his show today, or yesterday, or even wednesday...... he is after all the voice of the Zips, not OSU!
How can we expect to get respect from the NCAA when the University doesn't even mention a big game in Zipmail. If the national media ignores the Zips maybe they are just taking their lead from the local radio stations and newspapers. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Another tangent...Early line...Vegas shows Akron between -3 to -4.5.Tight!