Rally in the Union

Zips Win!

I heard there is a rally planned in the Student Union at noon on Thursday. KD, several players, cheerleaders and Zippy are scheduled to attend.Could this be the start of a new traditon?
No, they've done this for quite a while now with football and basketball and nobody ever shows up. It ends up being the players and cheerleaders talking to each other for a little bit, eating the free food themselves, and leaving.

Nobody goes to them, but that's because they don't advertise the rallies at all. No mentions over e-mail, no announcements over the paging system in the Union, nothing. I'm suprised that you even heard about it at all prior to it happenning.
It is a shame concerning the lack of school spirit at UA.I wish we had these when I was there.

Nobody goes to them, but that's because they don't advertise the rallies at all. No mentions over e-mail, no announcements over the paging system in the Union, nothing. I'm suprised that you even heard about it at all prior to it happenning.
It is a shame concerning the lack of school spirit at UA.I wish we had these when I was there.
Was thinking the same thing Buckzip. This "work-for-a-living-to-support-family" thing is the only thing keeping me from stopping down to have a little fun, support KD and the players, and get pumped up for a pretty important game. I wonder why communication is so poor on campus? (I know, I know, see one of a gazillion other threads regarding current AD/AD staff :wall: ...)

I'll be there. In fact, I am watching them set up right now. It starts at noon, and is in the main dining area during "peak traffic"at the Union, so there will be many many people coming and going, but I don't know how many of them even know that we have sports here at UA. The apathy on campus is truly suffocating sometimes.

Well it did come across Zipmail finally, and truthfully the Union has been mayhem this week. So there could be a decent amount of people there. I would be there if I could but I'm at work... and on Zipsnation.
You say, "the Union has been mayhem this week." So the general student populace is finally beginning to get excited over Zips b-ball?

Well it did come across Zipmail finally, and truthfully the Union has been mayhem this week. So there could be a decent amount of people there. I would be there if I could but I'm at work... and on Zipsnation.
You say, "the Union has been mayhem this week." So the general student populace is finally beginning to get excited over Zips b-ball?
More like classes have just begun, there are several high-profile events held daily, and they just opened an Auntie Anne pretzle shop in there which is causing quite a buzz.

They had pep rallies back in the mid-late 80's. And into the early 90's. I remember a quote from Butchie Washington, recalling how no one attended.We will get attendance and school spirit once we win on a "big stage." If we keep shooting ourselves in the foot in the MACC, our bandwagon will never get out of second gear.K.e.n.t. basketball drew flies for years...until they made the NCAA's. By by repeating that couple times over the course of several years, the K.e.n.t. students and public got excited about the program. Their attendance is still riding the wave from that "era." If the Zips can get 4 NCAA appearances in a 9-year stretch, then you'll see pep rallies getting a bit raucous, and crowds bursting the JAR walls. And the Marketing Crew will look like geniuses. Until then, it will remain hit-and-miss.UA pep rally for the K.e.n.t. game would probably draw well?

they just opened an Auntie Anne pretzle shop in there which is causing quite a buzz.
All the good stuff comes after I leave....
The best left though. You may remember that it was possible to buy beer in the Chuckery. The new student union does not offer beer. :(

they just opened an Auntie Anne pretzle shop in there which is causing quite a buzz.
All the good stuff comes after I leave....
The best left though. You may remember that it was possible to buy beer in the Chuckery. The new student union does not offer beer. :(
If they sell beer at the football stadium, they will sell beer in the Student Union and a few other places as well. Might as well make the money where you can, and a liquor license would be a good investment for the University.

The best left though. You may remember that it was possible to buy beer in the Chuckery. The new student union does not offer beer.
but it was "Old Milwaukee" :puke::puke:
I remember the "Happy Hour" -- $2.00 for a 16oz, marked down to $1.90! Hey, I did let the Alteri's guy keep the dime (I wasn't a big tipper back in the college days)