Observations from a VCU fan

Natty

1) losing to VCU is an embarrassment...period
Unless you meant "NIU" your board credibility took a real hit with that statement.
2) the refs STUNK. If you think otherwise, you didn't watch the game.
I'm a MAC fan. I've seen much worse. Did the refs make us shoot 28%? No.
3) KD's coaching decisions were questionable and disturbing at times.
Can you please list the "disturbing" moves? Other than keeping Dials on the floor a little too long, he coached a good game. He can't put the ball in the hoop. At some point the players on the court need to make plays, and that didn't happen frequently enough last Saturday.Put down your Drain-o, put down the poison Kool Aid, and relax for a week.

4) If you really believe that VCU is a well-recognized basketball program, you're delusional. Most people don't EVEN KNOW IT'S A SCHOOL. So, stop with the "it must be an Akron problem because people in Cleveland know who we are".
Ha. That sounds so mean, but skip-zip's right. That's an accurate statement when he says most people don't even know VCU is a school. I became a little embarrassed and aggravated when I would tell my friends who we were playing in the Bracketbuster game - trying to hype the game and get them to come out - because without fail every one of them said, "Who?" I'd tell them, "Remember, they beat Duke in the NCAA tourney last year?!" And they'd respond, "Oh. Uh.. I think I kinda remember that." Oh, well. We mid-majors definitely have it rough. At least the Zippers got Temple & Dayton this year and then Ohio, Miami & K.e.n.t. twice every year, so that's a really good schedule - definitely worth the price of season tickets. Throw in VCU and Winthrop and IMHO that's a great mid-major schedule.

1) losing to VCU is an embarrassment...period
Unless you meant "NIU" your board credibility took a real hit with that statement.
2) the refs STUNK. If you think otherwise, you didn't watch the game.
I'm a MAC fan. I've seen much worse. Did the refs make us shoot 28%? No.
3) KD's coaching decisions were questionable and disturbing at times.
Can you please list the "disturbing" moves? Other than keeping Dials on the floor a little too long, he coached a good game. He can't put the ball in the hoop. At some point the players on the court need to make plays, and that didn't happen frequently enough last Saturday.Put down your Drain-o, put down the poison Kool Aid, and relax for a week.
KD is a horrible 'game' coach. he subs more like he was on a schedule instead of having any feel for the game from the sidelines. dials needs to be on the floor, he is the only one with a brain and motivation out there. he does more instructing than playing at times. the warrrior is the glue to the team. and wood needs to play in spurts more. he is effective when he is rested and not tired. play him till he shows fatigue, then sit him for 30 sec or something and get him back in. he is our only post presence. yes that loss was embarrassing. we sit on here talking about post-season play and all that junk, and we lose to a semi depleated vcu squad. wood coming back is no excuse, it was a miniscus injury. its not that serious or difficult to come back from. they had guys out. and it was on our floor on national tv. it was an embarrassment, not because they are a bad program, but because with the team they brought to play they wouldnt finish in the middle of the mac.and just to be clear on the goaltend play, it was no goaltend. i finally got to review it on my DVR yesterday, and it was a great play. but that is how it happens sometimes.

it was an embarrassment, not because they are a bad program, but because with the team they brought to play they wouldnt finish in the middle of the mac.
You're insane. VCU would be an upper-tier MAC program, easily Top 3. Buffalo, NIU, Toledo, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, BG, CMU, Miami...they would all swap rosters with VCU in a heartbeat. O'Shea would too, although his talent is probably better.

VCU just lost in the semi final of their conference. I don't think they have any chances to an at-large bid. NIT maybe.
THAT is a great question. I thought they would have had a good chance. Then Can't's win today overshadows the Bill & Mary victory. I think a K-S-U run to the final and an Akron title gives the MAC two pairs of dancing shoes. Let's hope! :wave:

VCU just lost in the semi final of their conference. I don't think they have any chances to an at-large bid. NIT maybe.
... they lost IN RICHMOND (semi-home game) to boot!Really don't care one way or another what happened to VCU but it hits a hot button with me ... you play a long conference schedule playing teams home and away and your dancing shoes are on the line in what often amounts to a "who's hot, let's-make-a-little-more-money" conference tournament. In the case of the MAC, if there really needs to be additional play, let the two division champs go at it and let that be the end of it. Can't stand seeing a "hot" team sneak up and snag a bid. IMHO, the regular season should be the test to determine who represents the MAC, not a "who's got the legs/breaks" in a 4-day tournament. Can of worms? Whatever ... not a fan of the tourney.

... they lost IN RICHMOND (semi-home game) to boot!Really don't care one way or another what happened to VCU but it hits a hot button with me ... you play a long conference schedule playing teams home and away and your dancing shoes are on the line in what often amounts to a "who's hot, let's-make-a-little-more-money" conference tournament. In the case of the MAC, if there really needs to be additional play, let the two division champs go at it and let that be the end of it. Can't stand seeing a "hot" team sneak up and snag a bid. IMHO, the regular season should be the test to determine who represents the MAC, not a "who's got the legs/breaks" in a 4-day tournament. Can of worms? Whatever ... not a fan of the tourney.
I can see your point to an extent. But thats just like the big dance, unless you want to make the NCAA tourny invites for Conference champs only. It also helps gives teams with significant injuries a second chance. Get healthy, win 4 games and save your season. I personally like the tounrament, even if for no other reason than I get to watch a few more games :)