Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is construction of the dorms next to the stadium progressing?

Did the team shop at the stadium ever open?

Of course it did last Fall. It must have. Don't you remember several people on this thread claiming the stadium would be 100% ready for the opening game last year?

Was the stadium not 100% ready for the opening game? I didn't see any missing seat sections. :P

Of course it did last Fall. It must have. Don't you remember several people on this thread claiming the stadium would be 100% ready for the opening game last year?

Was the stadium not 100% ready for the opening game? I didn't see any missing seat sections. :P

If you chose not to notice the unfinished parts of the stadium last Fall there is probably nothing I can do to convince you. That is why I agreed in my last post that the shop was done last Fall.

If you chose not to notice the unfinished parts of the stadium last Fall there is probably nothing I can do to convince you. That is why I agreed in my last post that the shop was done last Fall.

I didn't notice anything that wasn't finished?

My opinion on why they may have designated those dorms for freshmen-

Since the upperclassmen have proven so sparse in their support for Zips athletics, they're probably trying to get as many freshmen to attend the games as possible. If these freshmen get into the habit of supporting all the games, and the following year's class as well, then after 2-3 years of that you've got a completely changed student culture where supporting Zips football & basketball is the thing to do.

+1 Nice post B&G!!!

Maybe. Or maybe it's because those dorms are the farthest away from any classrooms. Schools occasionally like to "punish" freshmen like that.

that's not true at all. Bulger is probably the most central dorm on campus and it is a freshman-only dorm(unless the proper paperwork is filled out or something).

I have already conceded that your lack of observatory skills makes you right. I'm just happy nobody appears to have been harmed while in the "fully complete" facility.

I have already conceded that your lack of observatory skills makes you right. I'm just happy nobody appears to have been harmed while in the "fully complete" facility.

I think it's your definition of stadium. That would be seating area, restrooms, concessions and playing surface. All of that was complete. The buildings attached to stadium, not so much, the landscaping, not so much.

• 3 months later...
I wish they had a cam for the soccer stadium. It could easily be mounted on the Student Union or Infocision stadium's press tower.

I dont know if anything moved forward since I last heard, but late in the spring semester I had heard they were looking to get cams mounted on the light poles once they were erected... Dont know if that is true or if anything would happen, but I know it was at least discussed.

I wish they had a cam for the soccer stadium. It could easily be mounted on the Student Union or Infocision stadium's press tower.

I dont know if anything moved forward since I last heard, but late in the spring semester I had heard they were looking to get cams mounted on the light poles once they were erected... Dont know if that is true or if anything would happen, but I know it was at least discussed.

By the time they hook those up, the thing will be complete. The opener is August 13th.

• 2 years later...

Lived in Plano,TX back in the mid/late 80's. In case any of you missed it Plano was the fastest growing city in the country back then. They had football teams at Plano High that consistently competed for Texas state championshionships. They were just building Plano East. Now they have a third,Plano West. Allen,TX was basically a little crossroad next to Plano where people were just starting to move. McKinney was just north. If you have never lived in Texas you have no idea how big football is down there. You can read about it in the papers here but you have no idea. I lived in Ohio all my life until I ended up in Abilene,TX in 1982. Abilene High and Abilene Cooper were always good. Just down the road on I-20 we had Odessa Permian,Midland Lee and Midland High. Love to hear from anybody who actually lived in Texas for any length of time.

Geez, now we we're just ahead of high school stadiums again? Texas High School opens $60M stadium. Plus I really wanted to resurrect the longest thread and second most "feel good" (I would submit behind the soccer National Championship) thread in ZN.O history.

Having a stadium like this is completely obnoxious for a high school. There had better not be on student in that school district using a text book more than a year old.

Having a stadium like this is completely obnoxious for a high school. There had better not be on student in that school district using a text book more than a year old.

I completely agree! This holds true for the palaces that professional teams play in and use a couple handfuls of times per year.

How much did Browns Stadium cost? It is used at most, 12 times per year for football. Other events at the stadium are limited. What a waste! Meanwhile, urban schools are severely underfunded and students attend class in outdated dungeons. The priorities are wrong.

The owners are worth billions, the players make millions, and the public supports their infrastructure. This is a dream business where expenses beyond payroll are minimal.