Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

Just nosing around on gozips.com and came across these stats for the stadium. I guess I'm very surprised at how many suites are sold and that $21 million of the $30 million is raised. The big question there is, how much of that money ISN'T from Summa or InfoCision? Anyway, it's interesting.http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/support.php
Thanks for that Rifle! It makes reference to a "multi-complex facility". I wonder if the fund drive includes $$ for the soccer stadium. At least I can hope. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what would make a cool fundraiser for the stadium? If you were to allow the fans to pay money to run the equipment on the site! Say $1000 for 10 minutes to run the backhoe that knocks down a house. $500 dollars for 10 minutes to push some dirt around on a bulldozer. Maybe $500 to install your seat(s) in the stadium! Completely impractical and it would never happen, but that would be cool! B)

Speaking of installing your own seat in The Info, when are we season ticket holders going to be able to pick out our new seat locations? Are they going to have a special tour/open house for us? I see that this year's season ticket package includes seats for next year as well, but I was hoping that those of us who've had season tickets for some time now might get first dibs on seating location.

Looks like part of the road is gone too.
Part of Nash St is gone. They spent the better part of the day tearing it up and hauling it away. They also pulled the plywood off the one house they've been cleaning asbestos out of for weeks now. It's just a matter of time before wrecker finally gets those houses now. They also working on the area right behind the old Odd corner location. UofA officially takes over that property on April 29th. It should be gone early to mid June looking at how long it's taken to knock down the other structures they own. They really appear to take special care in prepping these buildings (Asbestos issues) to be torn down.

yay@stupid little houses going away. :wave: I think that they are putting in those column support piers back behind odd corner.... the same ones that you can see flush with grade in the foreground oh cam1
I knew that what they were doing behind the Odd corner. (Construction wise) I was just glad to see they're working right up to that property before they take possession next week. That keeps the entire Stadium project moving right along since that area is the front gate area.

Maybe we need to all meet at the construction site some night, "borrow" some heavy equipment, and accidentally tear down the plasma center! As fast as these houses came down we could be in and out before anyone noticed!
Name the night. I hate that place.

Three houses in one day. Is that the limit or do they still have work to do to prep the other two? Can't wait until I can see Exchange street from the camera. Also, on your way to the Plasma Center see how far you can jump a backhoe off of that 2 story mound of dirt!
Unless they approve OT, by time they were through knocking down the 3rd house. It was after 4pm and that's when they're usually done for the day. I believe the other two will be coming down tomorrow. They started from the other direction when they started tearing them down today. The three houses they tore down today. Were the three houses were the asbestos trailer stayed beside for weeks. Those first two houses have been prepped for sometime. No asbestos trailer was ever pulled up to either one of them. They ripped the siding down weeks ago and have carried out the fixtures for quite sometime. I'm also looking forward to seeing a clear shot. It's seems like they've spents months prepping these five house to be torn down. They took possession of all of them back early this year not long after the dorms came down and I thought they'd been gone long before now.I have to admit. I love seeing them tear the buildings down. I tuned in as they took down the apartment building that was next to the dorms a few weeks back. I tuned in today just as they started knocking down the first of the three houses they tore down today. I'm looking forward to seeing the other two houses go ASAP. :D

Maybe we need to all meet at the construction site some night, "borrow" some heavy equipment, and accidentally tear down the plasma center! As fast as these houses came down we could be in and out before anyone noticed!
I'd drive up from Georgia with gas running as high as it is now just to help out and I know how to drive heavy equipment. ;) The plasma center is a major blight in the area. :unsure: I understand the need for blood. I don't understand the plasma center. :(

I'd drive up from Georgia with gas running as high as it is now just to help out and I know how to drive heavy equipment. ;) The plasma center is a major blight in the area. :unsure: I understand the need for blood. I don't understand the plasma center. :(
I don't know how to operate heavy equipment, but I'll bring my sledge hammer! The plasma center's got to go! Don't these new townhouse/apartment plans sit on the same lot as the plasma center currently does? http://www.ci.akron.oh.us/news_releases/2005/0311.html And when on earth are they planning on beginning this development?!

I don't know how to operate heavy equipment, but I'll bring my sledge hammer! The plasma center's got to go! Don't these new townhouse/apartment plans sit on the same lot as the plasma center currently does? http://www.ci.akron.oh.us/news_releases/2005/0311.html And when on earth are they planning on beginning this development?!
Phase I is already underway. Last time I drove by about 2-3 weeks ago the walls were up. With the real estate market being what it is, I don't expect the second phase to start any time soon unfortunately.Spicer Village Townhomes web pageconstruction photos

Did they break up part of Nash street already or is it just covered with dirt?
They've dug it up and removed it. I watched them while they were doing it. That part of Nash in the cams is history. They also have put a fence up around much of the project.

There's hardly a trace of Nash street left. It's almost continous from the fieldhouse to Exchange. The full stadium footprint is now ready for developement. All that's left to be removed are buildings that lie where the dorms and shops are to be put.
Odd Corner building still has to come down where the front gate and shops for the Stadium will be. UofA just took possession of that building recently. It will more then likely take about month to prep that building so it can be torn down. It's not blocking any major part of the stadium footprint just the front gate area.

you would if you needed it to save YOUR life...

Speaking of installing your own seat in The Info, when are we season ticket holders going to be able to pick out our new seat locations? Are they going to have a special tour/open house for us? I see that this year's season ticket package includes seats for next year as well, but I was hoping that those of us who've had season tickets for some time now might get first dibs on seating location.
someone suggested that a year ago! Pick your seat day...tag all the available seats let the season ticket buyers go take a tag off the seat they want..been done lots of other places..