Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they break up part of Nash street already or is it just covered with dirt?
They've dug it up and removed it. I watched them while they were doing it. That part of Nash in the cams is history. They also have put a fence up around much of the project.
I wonder if they'll find all of the Western Cult Final Exams with all the right answers that I buried there in 1980...? :D :D

Maybe we need to all meet at the construction site some night, "borrow" some heavy equipment, and accidentally tear down the plasma center! As fast as these houses came down we could be in and out before anyone noticed!
Name the night. I hate that place.
I'd drive up from Georgia with gas running as high as it is now just to help out and I know how to drive heavy equipment. ;) The plasma center is a major blight in the area. :unsure: I understand the need for blood. I don't understand the plasma center. :(
you would if you needed it to save YOUR life...
I understand the Red Cross and the blood drives they do at my place of business and my church. Or you could go to your local hospital and donate blood. I don't understand places like the plasma center that set up shop in certain areas and buys blood from junkies and the like. :rolleyes:

you would if you needed it to save YOUR life...
The plasma center doesn't use the "donated" blood for medical purposes... they use it to make shampoo.
They've done undercover news stories on some of plasma centers here in the South. Many of them are selling blood to other countries as well as running shoddy operations.Not all of them are bad. But, many of them are and I didn't need that little smart comment. Thanks for the assist. B)

Did they break up part of Nash street already or is it just covered with dirt?
They've dug it up and removed it. I watched them while they were doing it. That part of Nash in the cams is history. They also have put a fence up around much of the project.
I wonder if they'll find all of the Western Cult Final Exams with all the right answers that I buried there in 1980...? :D :D
I bet it would have been interesting to see some of things they dug up. ;) They're building a major interchange in Metro Atlanta on I-85 and Hwy 316. They uncovered tons and tons of buried tires buried in one of the hillsides they had to remove for one of the lanes.

If you look toward the left hand side of the screen in camera #3 (looking north towards the fieldhouse) I believe that you can see the northern wall of the western grandstand which slopes down to the playing surface.
That's what you're seeing alright. If you look closely. You'll see that lower part of the grand stand at field level is starting to take shape. :D

It almost looks to me like the outer walls to the western side lower seating is ready to be filled in. :)It's going to be wild to actually have it start to look like a place you could go sit.Sorta interesting how on the western side the seem to be starting from the near side (to the field) but on the eastern side they are starting far.

It almost looks to me like the outer walls to the western side lower seating is ready to be filled in. :)It's going to be wild to actually have it start to look like a place you could go sit.Sorta interesting how on the western side the seem to be starting from the near side (to the field) but on the eastern side they are starting far.
They have to build a base for 120 foot Tower that will be on the home side. That why they're starting it the way they doing it. Steel will start to go up for the tower anywhere from Mid June to early July. I'm expecting this to really start to look like a stadium under construction in the next couple of months. B)

I was watching them today over lunch and they aren't screwing around! That place is a beehive of activity. I had some serious doubts about this place being ready for Sept. 09, but the way these guys are moving, no problem!
They Built Cleveland Stadium in 18 months. This is not close to size of that Stadium. Trust me, anyone with any doubts will be gone at what this site will look like in next 90 to 100 days.You still don't even have the near the full crew of workers on site that will be there down the road and look at what they've done in a little over 3 months. They won't let crews who can't work stand around and draw a paycheck. Once much of the grading and dirt removal is done and they can really get serious with foundation and structure work. That's when you'll see the place really take shape. They have more then enough time to get it ready before Sept 19, 2009 :)

Looks like the footer for the light pole in the lower right corner of cam 2 ;) Glad to see something from the RB come into the Info ;)
That spot would be in the back rows of the lower section. No way their putting a light poll there.That notch out of the slope has been bugging me though.

Looks like the footer for the light pole in the lower right corner of cam 2 ;) Glad to see something from the RB come into the Info ;)
That spot would be in the back rows of the lower section. No way their putting a light poll there.That notch out of the slope has been bugging me though.
You're right... it should be in front of the lower section at the 50... ;)

I was watching them today over lunch and they aren't screwing around! That place is a beehive of activity. I had some serious doubts about this place being ready for Sept. 09, but the way these guys are moving, no problem!
They Built Cleveland Stadium in 18 months. This is not close to size of that Stadium. Trust me, anyone with any doubts will be gone at what this site will look like in next 90 to 100 days.You still don't even have the near the full crew of workers on site that will be there down the road and look at what they've done in a little over 3 months. They won't let crews who can't work stand around and draw a paycheck. Once much of the grading and dirt removal is done and they can really get serious with foundation and structure work. That's when you'll see the place really take shape. They have more then enough time to get it ready before Sept 19, 2009 :)
Sounds like a vacation day is in order in June or July ... pack up a cooler, grab a folding chair and a bottle of sunscreen and plant myself somewhere on the perimeter where I can enjoy watching it all happen. B) The whiners and complainers lurking out there fatigue me ... this is a good thing for the U of A and for the City of Akron. Go Zips!!!

Sounds like a vacation day is in order in June or July ... pack up a cooler, grab a folding chair and a bottle of sunscreen and plant myself somewhere on the perimeter where I can enjoy watching it all happen. B) The whiners and complainers lurking out there fatigue me ... this is a good thing for the U of A and for the City of Akron. Go Zips!!!
I'll be there with ya. Six pack of Roo Brew in tow.

This is great for the UofA and the City of Akron. I can't wait until I come to visit this Summer and I'll be able to go down and see for myself in person and not just Stadium Cams. My nephew who lives nearby keeps me updated and tells me the Cams don't do the site any true justice. He says I need to see it in person to realise how far they've come in just 3 months and 1 week worth of actual work since they tore the dorms and 1st houses they owned at time down. The Biggest whiner Manny could have brought him a new place and be setting up shop rather then paying his attorneys monies and coming out with pretty much the same deal. (He in for a shock when he sees how jury trials go on eminent domain cases) He'd make back any short fall in rather quickly if his new place has at least has bathroom doors unlike the dump Manny's Pub he claims that such a part of UofA.

The stadium cams are not doing justice regarding the progress on the stadium. I drove down the street along side of the fieldhouse today. The hole is at least thirty feet deep. What looks like outer retaining walls give a nice visual effect of theoverall size and shape of the stadium. Truly impressive.

A whole lot has changed since yesterday!The Odd Corner is gone on Cam 1. On Cam 2 they are now building the inner part of the stands. On Cam 3, you can see the sloping of the stands down into the hole.
The sloping of the stands has been in view for awhile in Cam 3. It may have been missed by some as Cam 3 as been off-line a few days as of late.