with all this snow....?

timmyboy

With all of the snow we have now and the fact that they upgraded it to a level 1 storm ( no vehicles on the road unless it is an emergency vehicle) do you all think the attendance for the game will be less then a sell out............ and do you think they will even have the game? i know i wasent able to get a ticket so i will be watching from my house and rooting for the zips to flush the flushes!

With all of the snow we have now and the fact that they upgraded it to a level 1 storm ( no vehicles on the road unless it is an emergency vehicle) do you all think the attendance for the game will be less then a sell out............ and do you think they will even have the game? i know i wasent able to get a ticket so i will be watching from my house and rooting for the zips to flush the flushes!
Yeah, it'll be played. The snow is supposed to stop late this evening. That gives crews about 20 hours to clear roads, and that's plenty of time. I think we'll see a packed house.

It will be played as scheduled. I saw this fan, he was getting ready to go to the game. He promissed he'll be loud. He can't clap his hands though.
Him and the rowdies will at least something in common....no claping
Haha, you can bash the number of rowdies that show up all you want, but the ones that show up are as loud as can be.

It will be played as scheduled. I saw this fan, he was getting ready to go to the game. He promissed he'll be loud. He can't clap his hands though.
Haha, you can bash the number of rowdies that show up all you want, but the ones that show up are as loud as can be.
True! The Rowdies on the south side of the JAR are some of the best fans I've ever seen! The Rowdies sitting on the north side could use a little help, but, whatever. I think that as UA keeps building dorms and the resident student population continues to exponentially climb, The Info and the JAR will be the places to be for students on game nights and have truly crazy student sections. UA is definitely the up-and-coming U in the entire MAC. In about 3 years we'll be the MAC flagship institution!

Sir I am insulted by your comment. We are into the entire game and are the reason that gym is even loud. But you can have your own opinion but I want you to watch the south side of the JAR tomorrow and see what some of our creative minds have came up with. If you do not laugh there is something wrong with you. But we can all agree on that Can't sucks and Akron will prevail and be victorious.

The weather will be cleared out, and everything will be fine.As someone who went to school at Akron 25 years ago, my view of the Rowdies has always been "wow..this is a cool idea". The problem is, me and my fellow alums see about the same 20 guys every game. We can see that it's always the same few people. Beyond that, the games seem to vary from nobody else, to possibly another 50-100 or so, depending on the opponent. It just amazes me that AT LEAST 400-500 students do not have an interest in sitting in floor seats EVERY game. I was in school during the early part of the Huggins era. Everyone I know would have BEGGED AND PLEADED for the opportunity to sit on the floor. And, In case some of you don't know, we all congregated in the upper bleacher sections back then. I just still don't get it.

I want you to watch the south side of the JAR tomorrow and see what some of our creative minds have came up with. If you do not laugh there is something wrong with you.
Please tell me it has something to do with Singletary's DUI?
I'm not gonna give anything away but from everyone I've talked to there is going to be a lot of signs, costumes and chants. We're getting in at 4 and not gonna be quiet until after the game. And you better believe Singletipsy is going to hear us all night long. .13 .13 .13 .13

yeah everything signs, posters, outfits, chants ect is pretty much top secret for this game...by the way .13 will be mentioned quite a few times tommarow night, and well its 11:30 and i already have the headband, my glasses and my rowdie shirt and white shorts already on man oh man i am pumped..lets go zips lets get another mac east crown!

I'm starting to think this snowstorm may have actually been GOOD for attendance tonight. I for one, am looking forward to getting out of the house since being snowed in since friday afternoon. I know i'm not the only one. See everyone at the game!GO ZIPS! BEAT Can't STATE! :screwks: :screwks: :screwks: :screwks: :screwks:

ok so the whole thw rowdies dont clap or chant or w/e...this is my 3rd year here at UA and 3rd yr in the rowdies...and while it sucks to admit it, the whole cheering thing is not as good as it used to be...i distinctly remember games this season where we would stand there and not clap or chant for one or two possessions...which is unacceptable...it used to be as soon as the ball was in bounded we were cheering and sometimes before that...the ongoing problem that we have and that we have had is that the cheering is not sustained throughout the whole possession...we usually die out around 15 seconds left on the shot clock...now today, im sure the cheering will be a lot better, and whatnot obviously...b/c its the Can't State-akron game...thats just my opinion and observations

ok so the whole thw rowdies dont clap or chant or w/e...this is my 3rd year here at UA and 3rd yr in the rowdies...and while it sucks to admit it, the whole cheering thing is not as good as it used to be...i distinctly remember games this season where we would stand there and not clap or chant for one or two possessions...which is unacceptable...it used to be as soon as the ball was in bounded we were cheering and sometimes before that...the ongoing problem that we have and that we have had is that the cheering is not sustained throughout the whole possession...we usually die out around 15 seconds left on the shot clock...now today, im sure the cheering will be a lot better, and whatnot obviously...b/c its the Can't State-akron game...thats just my opinion and observations
I think it had to do with the huge number of blowouts at home. It's hard to get into a game when your team is up by 20+ points. Some people were disillusioned after last year's debacle to end the season. Add in the fact that over 90% of the Rowdies are freshmen this year and you have a mix of disinterest and inexperience working against you. Look for it to be crazy tonight and during the tournament, though.

True! The Rowdies on the south side of the JAR are some of the best fans I've ever seen! The Rowdies sitting on the north side could use a little help, but, whatever. I think that as UA keeps building dorms and the resident student population continues to exponentially climb, The Info and the JAR will be the places to be for students on game nights and have truly crazy student sections. UA is definitely the up-and-coming U in the entire MAC. In about 3 years we'll be the MAC flagship institution!
EXCUSE ME...i agree the rowdies on the north side suck...but not ALL of them. A few of us (including a few non rowdies) get belligerent and very loud, no doubt louder per person and more "rowdy" than anyone on the other side of the court. Oh and im not taking anything away from the south siders (that's what im calling them from now on).