This Is The Time !!

skip-zip

Now that we're up to 22 years since we've been to the NCAA Tournament, we again stand on the doorstep of making the big dance.For those of you who were at the semis tonight, you saw that Can't brought a very large contingent to their semifinal game. They probably had twice as many people there as we did for the 7pm game. Playing Miami would have been pretty much a home game for us, but not Can't. This is why it's important for every Akron fan to be there tomorrow night.If you're an Akron fan but never really go to the games, now is the time. If you know some friends who've wanted to go to games if you just give them a call? now is the time.If you usually go to the game, but mostly sit on your hands? Now is the time for that to change.If you lost your voice last Sunday, and again tonight, and think you don't have much left? Now is the time for a quick recovery.The MAC and NE Ohio has been waiting for a Can't/Akron championship matchup ever since they started playing the tournament at the Q. And now it's here, and we need every bit of support we can get to seize the moment. Zip Fans....NOW is the time !!!!Oh...and.... :screwks:

Now that we're up to 22 years since we've been to the NCAA Tournament, we again stand on the doorstep of making the big dance.For those of you who were at the semis tonight, you saw that Can't brought a very large contingent to their semifinal game. They probably had twice as many people there as we did for the 7pm game. Playing Miami would have been pretty much a home game for us, but not Can't. This is why it's important for every Akron fan to be there tomorrow night.If you're an Akron fan but never really go to the games, now is the time. If you know some friends who've wanted to go to games if you just give them a call? now is the time.If you usually go to the game, but mostly sit on your hands? Now is the time for that to change.If you lost your voice last Sunday, and again tonight, and think you don't have much left? Now is the time for a quick recovery.The MAC and NE Ohio has been waiting for a Can't/Akron championship matchup ever since they started playing the tournament at the Q. And now it's here, and we need every bit of support we can get to seize the moment. Zip Fans....NOW is the time !!!!Oh...and.... :screwks:
oh yeah... I'll be there!!!!!

I'll be there, and I plan on having no voice after tomorrow. It's do or die. There is no saving for tomorrow. Let it all out.From what I've seen, Can't has had a tougher time to get here than we did, but you know they'll be pumped up and we'll be pumped up too.IT"S GO TIME!!! :screwks: :screwks: :screwks: :screwks: :champs: :champs: :champs: :champs:

My voice barely recovered between Sunday and today. But I let it all hang out tonight. And I am really hoping for a one day recovery this time :DIs anyone else getting the feeling that this is finally OUR time? Can't getting stretched to the brink of elimination, in the late game, is the ABSOLUTE BEST scenario we could have hoped for. Now we need to finish the job.Can anyone tell that I can't sleep tonight? A team that was picked to finish 4th in the MAC East is sitting pretty, with plenty of rest, and poised to finish the job at 7pm on Saturday. I can't wait!!By the way, the Rowdies REALLY got into the Can't fan's heads tonight. Can't fans were spending more time jawwing with the Rowdies than they were paying attention to their own game. I LOVED IT !!Looking forward to seeing more of you guys tomorrow. :screwks:

My voice barely recovered between Sunday and today. But I let it all hang out tonight. And I am really hoping for a one day recovery this time :DIs anyone else getting the feeling that this is finally OUR time? Can't getting stretched to the brink of elimination, in the late game, is the ABSOLUTE BEST scenario we could have hoped for. Now we need to finish the job.Can anyone tell that I can't sleep tonight? A team that was picked to finish 4th in the MAC East is sitting pretty, with plenty of rest, and poised to finish the job at 7pm on Saturday. I can't wait!!By the way, the Rowdies REALLY got into the Can't fan's heads tonight. Can't fans were spending more time jawwing with the Rowdies than they were paying attention to their own game. I LOVED IT !!Looking forward to seeing more of you guys tomorrow. :screwks:
Yes. I felt that way once we beat WMU tonight. I'm glad someone else picked up on the Rowdies vs. Can't thing. I loved that they were focused on us AT ALL. The first "and Can't State still sucks" in our game was priceless lol great job by the rowdies tonight.

Oh baby!!!!!!! This is truely our year. Nobody not even Can't "classless" State can take this away from us. They beat us twice this year in the REGULAR SEASON. So what? that doesn't matter. This is tourney time. Anything can happen. Especially a butt whoopin' on Can't State. I hate Can't state with a passion. It's 10:53 and...Can't State still SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is our year!

Go Zips!If you have the physcial ability, please go to the Q tonight and support your Akron Zips! I am way to far away to make the trip. Since that door is a closed a new window has opened. I am having a tailgate party 2 hours before and during the game. I have collected a solid group of about 40 to grill out and drink our way to a Zips victory. Most of these folks won't know much about Akron or the MAC but i have them all convinced that :screwks: and the Zips will be :champs: I might play the fight song 100 or so times becasue it just pumps me up! We will cheer the Akron Blue and Gold!

Two years ago the knock on this program was that we couldn't even win a game at the Q. We got over that hump.Last year the knock on this program was that we couldn't even get to the finals. We got over that hump.This year the knock on this program has been that we choked our chances away in the finals. Tonight is the night to get over that hump.Can't isn't invincible. They can be beat just like any other team. I really hope we learned some things from Sunday. We have to have the intensity on the court, but it has to be controlled intensity. Don't get so amped up that you force things. Play within the offense, but be aggressive. Get out and pressure the ball in the backcourt on Can't. Force them into some turnovers. One more game. One more hump to get over. LETS GO ZIPS!!!

Good lord I wish I could get to the game...will be watching and there in spirit!! Go Zips! Can't sucks!
LosAngelesZipFan - One of these days I'd LOVE to say goodbye forever to Ohio winters BUT I can't stand the thought of not being able to drive 15 minutes to the JAR to watch our Zips. Same with football season as disappointing as those have been for the most part. Can't wait to make the drive north in a little while and feel for ya. Great to know there are Zips fans all around the country and as far away as LA and HI cheering Akron on. Have fun this afternoon watching the game. GO ZIPS!!!

Two years ago the knock on this program was that we couldn't even win a game at the Q. We got over that hump.Last year the knock on this program was that we couldn't even get to the finals. We got over that hump.This year the knock on this program has been that we choked our chances away in the finals. Tonight is the night to get over that hump.Can't isn't invincible. They can be beat just like any other team. I really hope we learned some things from Sunday. We have to have the intensity on the court, but it has to be controlled intensity. Don't get so amped up that you force things. Play within the offense, but be aggressive. Get out and pressure the ball in the backcourt on Can't. Force them into some turnovers. One more game. One more hump to get over. LETS GO ZIPS!!!
Someone I know told me this has been the progression for the Zips in the MAC tourney the last 4 years...2004- Lost in opening round2005- Lost in quarterfinals2006- Lost in semifinals2007- Lost in ChampionshipThis year might complete the cycle... with a tourney win

Good lord I wish I could get to the game...will be watching and there in spirit!! Go Zips! Can't sucks!
LosAngelesZipFan - One of these days I'd LOVE to say goodbye forever to Ohio winters BUT I can't stand the thought of not being able to drive 15 minutes to the JAR to watch our Zips. Same with football season as disappointing as those have been for the most part. Can't wait to make the drive north in a little while and feel for ya. Great to know there are Zips fans all around the country and as far away as LA and HI cheering Akron on. Have fun this afternoon watching the game. GO ZIPS!!!
Gozips88,I lived in Akron for 6 years. I thought it was the worst place on earth. This year, i got a job on the west borders of the state. I drive 5 hours round trip to the JAR/RB, and 6 hours to the Q/Browns stadium. I never thought i would say that, but i will accept a paycut if i can get job that keeps me close to my zips.

...and at least one in Pittsburgh

And a few in San Diego. Good luck to the team tonight. Go Zips!

And a few in San Diego. Good luck to the team tonight. Go Zips!
Got some here in Maryland as well. We're all over. :) 10 minutes to go!