A Msg from Zeke Marshall's MOM...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ZIP NATION:Please stay tuned for a very special announcement to be announced today around 12NOON.Talk with you all then... :blink:
Sounds very interesting. Couldn't be Zeke committing already could it?...I didn't think signing day was until the fall, so if he is already committed, an official announcement couldn't be made (right?). I'm guessing it's the release of this coming season's schedule.
Trimmy...Basketball recruits can Verbally commit to a school at anytime. They cannot sign their 'binding' letter of Intent until November 1. An official announcement of a verbal commitment can come at anytime. Check out the Verbal commitments announced on Rivals.com and Scout.com. There are kids from the class of '2012' making Verbal announcements. This is the common thing for an athlete. Make an announcement of a Verbal Commitment. It helps to cut down the madness of the recruiting process. Most schools respect the verbal commitment and back away. But some 'wolves' will continue to recruit even though the athlete has already made their college choice. Sounds like Zeke is ready to end his recruiting process. 40 more minutes...Let's see what happens...

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT ZIP NATION:Please stay tuned for a very special announcement to be announced today around 12NOON.Talk with you all then... :blink:
Sounds very interesting. Couldn't be Zeke committing already could it?...I didn't think signing day was until the fall, so if he is already committed, an official announcement couldn't be made (right?). I'm guessing it's the release of this coming season's schedule.
Trimmy...Basketball recruits can Verbally commit to a school at anytime. They cannot sign their 'binding' letter of Intent until November 1. An official announcement of a verbal commitment can come at anytime. Check out the Verbal commitments announced on Rivals.com and Scout.com. There are kids from the class of '2012' making Verbal announcements. This is the common thing for an athlete. Make an announcement of a Verbal Commitment. It helps to cut down the madness of the recruiting process. Most schools respect the verbal commitment and back away. But some 'wolves' will continue to recruit even though the athlete has already made their college choice. Sounds like Zeke is ready to end his recruiting process. 40 more minutes...Let's see what happens...
C'mon everybody, let's not go jinxing this thing... :nono:

DRUM ROLL PLEASE........................................Welcome the Newest member to the ZIP FAMILY....Ladies and Gentlemen:ZEKE IS A ZIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEP YA HEARD ME RIGHT!! ZEKE HAS VERBALLED TO THE UNIVERSITY OF AKRON!!!
YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WELCOME ZEKE!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Having seen the big fella play a few games, I can not tell the Nation how pleased I am to read Gaffney's article.This is really, really a big deal. A potentially program changing event.Great job KD & staff .. great job Jeff.Congrats to Zeke on navigating the recruiting process to a place where he feels comfortable.Praise be to God, Allah, Yaweh, Jehova & Jobu that Zeke is headed to UA.I feel like it's my birthday. This is tremendous.Go Zips! Go Zeke!

You don't know how big a smile came over my face when I came in here and saw that posted. Congrats to everyone involved from the Zeke and his family to everyone involved in the basketball program. From everything I've heard this is gonna be a perfect marriage of player, coaching staff, family and team. Welcome to the family Zeke.GO ZIPS!!!

We all know the Zips are gonna be young this year and there may be some growing pains, but when I look at what we have for a team down the road I see no reason we shouldn't DOMINATE the MAC for years to come. This is gonna be a team that should make some deep tournament runs in the coming years.Hitchens, Sullivan, B.McKnight, Sweich, Zeke, McClannahan, Cvetinovic, Steward, McNees, Bardo, Parrish and at least for the next couple years you can add C.McKnight, Nate, Conyers and Roberts to the equation as well. I don't really see any position that we are gonna be thin at. Good time to be a Zip.

The great thing here is that Zeke knows where he's going to play and can get back to his life and moving forward. There's a long summer of AAU ball in front of him where he will play top flight competition, and then a senior season. He's got a lot of time to add some strength, grow 3 more inches, and polish his game.I think of 08-09 as his redshirt year. No need to worry about the recruiting angles .. he can start working towards the UA style of play, conditioning .. etc without being pulled in multiple directions.Go Zips.

He's got a lot of time to add some strength, grow 3 more inches, and polish his game.
A 7'2"-7'3" center with strength and athleticism. Man I can't wait to see him in uniform. Zeke could be the first legitimate NBA caliber prospect we've had on the roster here in a long time. How huge would that be for Akron if he could lead us on a couple of NCAA tourney runs and then catch on in the pro's. I'm getting WAY ahead of myself here, but I just can't help it. This is a program changing kind of day. I can hear French now, "Humpty pushing the ball up the floor, blows by two defenders, no look pass to Zeke inside who throws the hammer down on top of <insert name of Can't's latest JUCO big man with a bad attitude>"

EZEKIEL 9, May 2008: And I will strike down upon thy shots with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to beat and outscore my brothers. And you will know my name is the Zeke when I lay my hands upon thy shot attempts!
Zipwatcher....I want you to know that Ezekiel LOVES THIS QUOTE!!! It brought tears to his eyes (from laughing soooo freakin hard). Thank you all for supporting him and embracing him as you have. Keep it up...remember...he can't sign a LOI until November. WAY COOL DUDE....You have to make this a HUGE SIGN for him...he will love it. This is Zeke's kind of humor!!!! PS: Zeke says you watch to much Pulp Fiction... :lol:

He's got a lot of time to add some strength, grow 3 more inches, and polish his game.
This is a program changing kind of day. I can hear French now, "Humpty pushing the ball up the floor, blows by two defenders, no look pass to Zeke inside who throws the hammer down on top of <insert name of Can't's latest JUCO big man with a bad attitude>"
It's turning out to be a big off season for the basketball program. I read somewhere that Dambrot claims that more teams are coming to him for scheduling options. The to-be-announced home and home will be big. I hear UMASS is interested. Also, the Lebron Nike deal will be a nice touch for the basketball program. The level of talent we are attracting is improving. It's a matter of when until the zips break NCAA barrier.

I notice that the whole "what is Zeke going to do" has become very, very quiet.Now that Florida and Kentucky, among others, is in the mix a lot of re-think appearantly is going on.Still, as I walked on campus today I thought I heard a very, very faint beginning of the "I Believe" chant.Zeke's Mom , keep feeding that darn lasanga.
Read carefully what was written May 6th. Pay particular attention to the third line. Do you see the hidden message now?

Well...here is the latest article about your NEW FAMILY MEMBER from the Pittsburgh Post...http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08131/880755-361.stm
Thanks for the link! And, Zeke's Mom, we welcome YOU to the Zip's family just as much as we do the Big Guy himself! The article states that Zeke made a verbal commitment a couple of weeks ago and made it known publically yesterday. Did he actually commit during the week of the King James AAU tourney?

:)
Awesome news!! B) Thanks to Mrs. Marshall for keeping us up-to-date. :bow: Your enthusiasm for the Zips program is contagious!KD mentioned that he wanted to get season ticket sales up to 2,000. I think the 2008 and 2009 recruiting classes are going to make it happen!Awesome...simply awesome.graphic01.gif
The University of Pittsburgh basketball teams run of bad luck when recruiting locally continued last night as 7’0” McKeesport (PA) HS center Zeke Marshall turned down a Pitt offer to play at Akron.He committed to them last night, confirms his mother Nicole Bozeman. There were three reasons, but maybe the main reason was because he developed such a great relationship with the staff. He really liked them all a lot. Secondly, it was for academic reasons. He loved their computer program and that's what he wants to major in. :)