'09 Recruiting

Ok, I've been curious about this and I have to ask. We all know about the big Zeke announcment and have had time to let it sink in by now. But where do we stand for '09 recruiting otherwise? Technically we have 2 seniors on the roster next year in Nate and Conyers. Conyers may be eligible to apply for one more year if I remember right, but there was also some speculation that he would leave the program all together. Any more news on that? Do we have any more scholarships to give for next year? Any idea who we may be looking at if we do???

ATM, the 2009 class is full. --> Zeke MarshallI believe the speculation about Conyers was just that .. internet board speculation with no real information behind it. People assuming he would leave given his minutes late in the preceding season. If you saw him at the "celebration" or heard KD's comments, you'd believe he's in the plans. Good defenders his size don't grow on trees.Jimmy's on track to get his 4th year back at the moment, and that leaves us with 1 scholi for 2009.Assuming Jimmy has 2 to play:2009 openings: 1 - Nate Linhart's spot2010 openings: 2 - Jimmy & C. McKnight2011 openings: X - McNees, B. McKnight, Bardo, Roberts (same scenario as Jimmy)

Another question...does the '09 recruiting just stop? What if something would fall through with Zeke? Do they just now concentrate on '10?
Good question. The coaching staff has to keep in contact with the other players they were recruiting just in case.The other schools vying for Zeke's services will continue to approach him with the slim hope that they can get him to back out of his verbal promise to play for Akron.Until Zeke signs a national Letter of Intent he is still technically available. What he has done at this point is let the coaching community know that he has promised Akronthat he will play here.There are several other players Akron courted or at least expressed interest in. The highest level ones will soon verbal to other schools. Akron will keep in touch withthese players. There is a lot of good talent out there and the Zips have just the one scholarship to give.Zeke is our man. He is the number one recruit as far as the coaches are concerned. He is the person they most wanted.Zeke's Mom has Zeke on a solid diet of tasty lasagna.

Thanks for the updates. I was really hoping we had one more scholarship to give. I'd really like to see a SG with some size. Right now we've got what? McNees at 6'1"? I wonder if maybe you'll finally see Conyers switch over to his natural SG spot. If I recall thats where he was recruited to play but depth issues and instability combined with already having Dials and Cedrick at SG kind of forced him over to SF to backup Nate. Now we've got Nate and Brett McKnight at SF and a lot of question marks at the 2 guard. I dunno, just thinking out loud here.