K.S.U. and their mascot

ZipAlumn

Headlines in Friday's Canton Repository read: PETA says Can't State's mascot too terrified to be at gamesHere's the link: http://www.ohio.com/news/19592749.htmlIt seems to me that in years past the same headline could have applied to some of their football teams.

Rutger said flush was so relaxed when she got home from her debut that she ate a hearty meal of large rats, venison and day-old chicks.
Hmmm ... so relaxed and a HUGE case of the munchies! Why do I have this image in my head of a couple of Can't "students" stumbling out of a smoke-filled van with said bird in tow? This reaks of Cheech and Chong! :screwks:

Headlines in Friday's Canton Repository read: PETA says Can't State's mascot too terrified to be at gamesHere's the link: http://www.ohio.com/news/19592749.htmlIt seems to me that in years past the same headline could have applied to some of their football teams.
Whoops my mistake this appeared in the Beacon Journal ......

After all the years of being 100% against Cant State I am moved by the plight of their live eagle.PETA is a pack of big, fat liars. There is nothing ethical about their own treatment of animals. Seems PETA has accumulated enemies of their own.PETA Kills AnimalsWhile it may be great fun to poke fun at Cant this is a time to rally with them. Many of us saw the debut of the eagle at the Akron vs. Flushes game back in January.The bird seemed to throughly enjoy itself at the halftime debut. Had to laugh about the post game feed the bird enjoyed. It could also explain the frequent disappearanceof several smaller Cant students this past schoool year.

After all the years of being 100% against Cant State I am moved by the plight of their live eagle.PETA is a pack of big, fat liars. There is nothing ethical about their own treatment of animals. Seems PETA has accumulated enemies of their own.[url="http://www.pet
Yeah, but you gotta admit that there is something very satisfying about watching liberal organizations attacking the mascot of a liberal bastion

After all the years of being 100% against Cant State I am moved by the plight of their live eagle.PETA is a pack of big, fat liars. There is nothing ethical about their own treatment of animals. Seems PETA has accumulated enemies of their own.[url="http://www.pet
Yeah, but you gotta admit that there is something very satisfying about watching liberal organizations attacking the mascot of a liberal bastion
That was actually my first thought. Then I wondered which restroom the PETA official used after visiting Can't: Male, Female, or Transgendered.

That was actually my first thought. Then I wondered which restroom the PETA official used after visiting Can't: Male, Female, or Transgendered.
I'm digging this whole thing.I think PETA should protect Can't games!!!! :rock:

LOL, this is a funny story. The truth is, PETA sucks, always has. They would be way more effective if they were more ethical in their approaches.Also, it's important to understand that K-S-U paid a great deal of money to keep this eagle alive. He (or She) is blind in one eye, we adopted it from a refuge center and pay to have it fed and cared for. The alternative for this bird would be either death or being in a small cage. Instead it gets a comfortable life.And about the liberal statement, believe it or not K-S-U students are split 50/50 on conservative/liberal ideologies. Just throwing that out LOL

After all the years of being 100% against Cant State I am moved by the plight of their live eagle.PETA is a pack of big, fat liars. There is nothing ethical about their own treatment of animals. Seems PETA has accumulated enemies of their own.PETA Kills AnimalsWhile it may be great fun to poke fun at Cant this is a time to rally with them. Many of us saw the debut of the eagle at the Akron vs. Flushes game back in January.The bird seemed to throughly enjoy itself at the halftime debut. Had to laugh about the post game feed the bird enjoyed. It could also explain the frequent disappearanceof several smaller Cant students this past schoool year.
ya know, PETA sucks, it really does. But I have to say I'm glad Can't is getting a hard time about this. I pick the lesser of two evils in this case. I mean would you rather support an institution (Can't State) that is Anti-Troops and therefore Anti-American, or support some crazies that have hard ons for animals? I mean it's pretty simple, I choose the latter because I just hate Can't WAYY too much to support them in ANYTHING.

And about the liberal statement, believe it or not K-S-U students are split 50/50 on conservative/liberal ideologies. Just throwing that out LOL
Possibly the biggest lie of all time...Can't State is the biggest bunch of liberals in this state. It's an embarrassment for the rest of us great Ohioans.

LOL, this is a funny story. The truth is, PETA sucks, always has. They would be way more effective if they were more ethical in their approaches.Also, it's important to understand that K-S-U paid a great deal of money to keep this eagle alive. He (or She) is blind in one eye, we adopted it from a refuge center and pay to have it fed and cared for. The alternative for this bird would be either death or being in a small cage. Instead it gets a comfortable life.And about the liberal statement, believe it or not K-S-U students are split 50/50 on conservative/liberal ideologies. Just throwing that out LOL
awww common!Please tell me that your hippies don't get suckered into the concept that teh poor bird might suffer emotional trauma and start discussing protest ideas over mocha-chino-lattes. Common sense doesn't matter to hippies. The fact that animals suffer greatly (physically) in the wild doesn't matter. The fact that animals frequently encounter situations of great threat and distress in their natural habitat doesn't matter either. The fact that these guys have taken good care of this animal doesn't matter.All that matters is that people are parading around a bird for entertainment sake, and that is enough to allow them to lodge a complaint that compliments their whole self-worth/self-identity raison d'etre. The cause needs targets.The reason I enjoy it is because the results of what liberal organizations want doesn't matter. It's always idealism over common sense, and this time Can't gets a taste of the opposite end of the stick.BTW, I recognize that much of the Can't State population is probably not hippie or even fully liberal. However, you do have to admit that there is an unusually strong contingent of hippies and libs there if your reputation is anything like your reality, comparatively speaking. Thus my use of "bastion"

I do not downplay the reasons why K-S-U has those stereotypes, however I do not agree with being called anti-American anti-troop yadda yadda, calling any group of people that due to actions of past people shows your class... sorry, it's a little harsh.With your logic, I guess I understand why K-S-U students consider all Akron students as drug dealing thugs... if we are going to apply stereotypes to entire student bodies LOL ;)Disclaimer: I'm being sarcastic with most of this, please do not take too much offense. Tends to happen with online forums.

I do not downplay the reasons why K-S-U has those stereotypes, however I do not agree with being called anti-American anti-troop yadda yadda, calling any group of people that due to actions of past people shows your class... sorry, it's a little harsh.With your logic, I guess I understand why K-S-U students consider all Akron students as drug dealing thugs... if we are going to apply stereotypes to entire student bodies LOL ;)Disclaimer: I'm being sarcastic with most of this, please do not take too much offense. Tends to happen with online forums.
All in fun. You know you gotta have a sense of humor to come on over here.