Scholarship Chart

6 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Did I miss some kind of NCAA penalty against the Zips? Why are we down to eleven scholarships for 2024-2025 and only seven for 2025-2026?

Whatever it was, it must have been pretty serious.

The penalty is for having  obnoxious fans on a teams message board. Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

12 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

Did I miss some kind of NCAA penalty against the Zips? Why are we down to eleven scholarships for 2024-2025 and only seven for 2025-2026?

Whatever it was, it must have been pretty serious.

Sorry if I made this confusing. I don't know how else to present future scholarships so I just use the "Open". But you see each year how many new recruits would be added to replace graduating Seniors. Assuming there are no transfers, etc which we know by now is not likely. So if you add 2 recruits in 2023 to the 4 recruits in 2024 and the one recruit in 2025 with the 6 players currently on the team you end up with a 13 player roster. I really hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Sorry if I made this confusing. I don't know how else to present future scholarships so I just use the "Open". But you see each year how many new recruits would be added to replace graduating Seniors. Assuming there are no transfers, etc which we know by now is not likely. So if you add 2 recruits in 2023 to the 4 recruits in 2024 and the one recruit in 2025 with the 6 players currently on the team you end up with a 13 player roster. I really hope that helps.

We're so close to PCCC, sometimes their education gets in the Akron water. The effects aren't permanent, just temporary paralysis of above-basic thought. Gets one of us every once in a while. 

One suggestion, maybe you could put the previous year(s)'s recruit in the blank slots. 

i.e. For 2024, there are two blank spots, so it would be "2023 Recruit" in both, and so on. 

Or leave it blank so Can't State fans can't crack the code. Your call, @Illini Zip. Thank you for doing this for the board!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

We're so close to PCCC, sometimes their education gets in the Akron water. The effects aren't permanent, just temporary paralysis of above-basic thought. Gets one of us every once in a while. 

One suggestion, maybe you could put the previous year(s)'s recruit in the blank slots. 

i.e. For 2024, there are two blank spots, so it would be "2023 Recruit" in both, and so on. 

Or leave it blank so Can't State fans can't crack the code. Your call, @Illini Zip. Thank you for doing this for the board!

Not sure if that is less confusing, but I will sleep on that one. Sorry to hear that about Akron’s water supply. Ha!!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I believe the dust has settled for this period. The only question I have at the moment is when will Ali Ali get the green light to play. But I'm assuming it will be this year sometime.

I'm staying with Mikal Dawson as a Junior with another year of eligibility.

Marvin Musiime-Kamali and Darrian Baker are red-shirting this year.

And the Zips added Rich Brisco, Eric Mahaffey and Sharron Young for the 2024-5 season leaving 2 scholarships open.

BriscoMahaffeyandYoung.thumb.png.4b537ed76e8d4581288695b4799e805f.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Illini Zip said:

I believe the dust has settled for this period. The only question I have at the moment is when will Ali Ali get the green light to play. But I'm assuming it will be this year sometime.

I'm staying with Mikal Dawson as a Junior with another year of eligibility.

Marvin Musiime-Kamali and Darrian Baker are red-shirting this year.

And the Zips added Rich Brisco, Eric Mahaffey and Sharron Young for the 2024-5 season leaving 2 scholarships open.

BriscoMahaffeyandYoung.thumb.png.4b537ed76e8d4581288695b4799e805f.png

I print the updated scholarship grid off and keep it in my desk drawer at work for quick reference.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, Zippy87 said:

With Freeman, Ali, Tribble, Thornton, Hunter all graduating and Prather, Tavari, and Lyles all transfer candidates, there could be a ton of turnover this offseason.

My guess is Prather is likely a transfer considering his lack of playing time. But Tavari and Lyles should be back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Illini Zip said:

My guess is Prather is likely a transfer considering his lack of playing time. But Tavari and Lyles should be back. 

I think Lyles and Prather are guaranteed transfers. Tavari leans transfer for me, but he might want to stay with Groce. Regardless, I'm glad we have guys like Sharron Young coming in (just got nominated to be a McDonalds All American). 

• 1 month later...

If Tavari and Prather stick around they would immediately be key contributors in 2024-25. I hope they both stay.

I would love to see Lyles develop here as well but he seems to be a foul magnet, so I am not sold on him.