Zips to play in preseason NIT

ewbrooman1

I believe the Dec. 20-23 Las Vegas Holiday Hoops Classic at the South Point Arena is the pre-Christmas event in LV where the Zips will be playing. I think the Zips have played at this venue in the past, and it's a great place to showcase Noah as he still has many fans in LV who would be cheering for the Zips. Last season UC Irvine beat Green Bay in the championship game and Arkansas Little Rock beat Bradley in the consolation game. Teams haven't yet been officially announced for this season. But Bradley has played there the last three seasons so it would be no surprise to see them back there. Green Bay included the following quote when they announced being in last year's tournament:

Per UC Santa Barbara website: "The Gauchos' final pre-Christmas games will be played at the South Point Holiday Hoops Classic in Las Vegas on Dec. 22-23. In addition to UCSB, Tulane, Akron and Iona will be in the tournament." On the UCSB schedule: 12/21 noon vs Akron, 12/22 noon vs Iona. Dates on the schedule don't seem to match their press release. Another oddity is that Tulane's site shows them playing at home in New Orleans on 12/22.

Per UC Santa Barbara website: "The Gauchos' final pre-Christmas games will be played at the South Point Holiday Hoops Classic in Las Vegas on Dec. 22-23. In addition to UCSB, Tulane, Akron and Iona will be in the tournament." On the UCSB schedule: 12/21 noon vs Akron, 12/22 noon vs Iona. Dates on the schedule don't seem to match their press release. Another oddity is that Tulane's site shows them playing at home in New Orleans on 12/22.

Two more RPI top 100s on our list from last year: UCSB (87) and Iona (51).

• 3 months later...

The Villanova entire arena is sold out on a season ticket basis. Tickets are only thru the secondary market. Stub Hub had some last week. $35-40 really high up. $100-150 down low. I decided to stay home and watch it in comfort. It's about a 5 hr drive for me.

Sheesh. Thanks for the info. Will probably sit this one out.

Doesn't Akron have an allotment of tickets, like they would for any road game? Or, is this controlled by the Preseason NIT Tournament, in which case, even the Villanova season ticket holders would have to buy a ticket (just like the postseason tournaments?).

I wasn't going to go, so I never checked. It would be interesting to know how this particular tournament handles games at home sites.

Doesn't Akron have an allotment of tickets, like they would for any road game? Or, is this controlled by the Preseason NIT Tournament, in which case, even the Villanova season ticket holders would have to buy a ticket (just like the postseason tournaments?).

I wasn't going to go, so I never checked. It would be interesting to know how this particular tournament handles games at home sites.

Thats what I would have figured as well...

Two more RPI top 100s on our list from last year: UCSB (87) and Iona (51).

UCSB takes a big dip this season, as they lose "Big Al" Williams, who led nation in rebounding the past two years. That's 18 pts. and 12 boards a night gone.

I was thinking of going to Vegas -- "return" for me, as I haven't been back since moving out in '84. lol

However the schedule shows just three games in entire event in LV! (Two for Zips) Not worth the expense to travel. I'd sure like to see Keith get us into the Disney event in Anaheim/Irvine. Listening??

Edited by Z.I.P.